Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• A short video from one of the Flights this weekend:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ym61bfbmCtU

• Was testing droid planner 2.7.8 and rc12 and had two fly aways in a row.

created a mission and was testing Arm in droid planner and then the Takeoff button.

Copter took off at about 1 meter in height and then went right for several meters until it hit a tree. Tried the land command on the tablet but no luck.

After that I put it back on the ground and with the transmitter switch to stabilize mode and took off. What I didn't realize was that the copter did not switch to stabilize and stayed in loiter mode.  Could not tell as the motors now spin up the same until it just takes off.  Had no control over copter and cutting throttle did nothing.  No stick control and I tried the land command on the tablet but nothing.  The zombies had taken over. Copter flew around my head a couple of times and then hit the drive way and flipped over.  I removed the battery and performed an exorcism.  The copter now flies like new again.

I would avoid using Follow me and Takeoff in droid planner. 

328.BIN

• Hi Randy,

Again, this is a great job and our big quad is flying with 3.2 release, soon with 18" props. I have a few comments regarding parachute library when used with servos. When we need to pack the chute again, it would be great to keep the RC output to the release position forever. Any idea on how to proceed easily?

Thanks

• High Wind RC12 test with small X250 Quad = Very Good

I tested RC12 on a Pixhawk in some VERY gusty conditions today in Stabilize and mostly  PosHold. Sorry I didn't do more but the wind really picked up and I decided that discretion was the better part of valour.  No Autotune or tuning done yet so just using default parameters.

In PosHold the drift was no more than a metre in some big gusts (20 to 25 kits) but as expected altitude held drifted a bit.  Again no more than about a metre. Overall I thought that RC12 was great in these conditions.

EKF was on and I did get some higher than normal errors in the estimates but nothing I would think that is abnormal.

I did have a couple of small errors, Once I got a bad AHRS Health warning and it seemed that the log for that was also corrupted with no date and no data.  Rebooted and all good.

Also got one GPS health warning.  Without recovering I redid Preflight Calibration and it was all good.

Thanks DEV team!  Just though I would share in case his can be of use.

2014-10-15 18-52-16 High Wind 02.log

• So I'm getting: "Test: Compass = WARN - Moderate change in mag_field" and "Test: Compass = FAIL - Large change in mag_field"

Already did compass calibration, compass mot which is at 2% and everything seems to be working just fine.

What could be causing this?

It's a TBS Discovery, with a front gimbal and a Neo-6m with external compass BTW

• Tested RC12.

Stab, Althold, Loiter, PosHold and Land in Althold are working fine.

Attached Log File. Pls ignore vibration levels, bcs of new imbalanced props.

2014-10-15 18-45-17.log

• beautiful landscape such as Bavaria in Germany

This reply was deleted.

Activity