Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• HA! thanks i knew i knew that from some where

• I have a 650 quad with 12" props on 700kv motors that felt pretty smooth with stock settings. I ran the autotune on 3.2 and it became very very twitchy. I backed off RC feel and roll/pitch sensitivity but it still feels very twitchy. Any advice? Should I take RC feel lower? I can't lower roll/pitch anymore. Should I try autotune again?
    I've included screenshots of my current pids and rc feel settings below.

Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 2.27.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2015-01-21 at 2.26.38 PM.png

• Do you remember what your PID settings before the auto-tune?

Your current PIDs seem not so out of ordinary but your stabilize P is pretty high being over 10.

Are you  getting this twitchy feeling when flying in stabilize mode or manual mode?

• My PID's were whatever the default settings are. I'd have to go searching to find them.  

The copter feels twitchy in any mode, stabilize, alt hold, or position hold. 

• Considering that PIDS's are independand of radio used, here is a screen grab of my 3DR quad PIDS, after "Auto Tune"....

Really flies well :-)3702684001?profile=original

• Okay I give up. Pulling my hair out trying to figure out why my quad started toilet bowling and 'flying off' in all directions. I had it all dialed in flying nice but had a prop break in mid flight probably 20 meters up. Had a hard landing but nothing horrible. I get home and decide to upgrade to my shiny brand new taranis and X8R. I also upgraded to the last 3.2  but now I'm having problems. Should not have done so much at once now I'm not sure what the problem is. I simply cannot reliably get poshold to work well anymore it just seems twitchy and often just starts wandering off. It used to hold position within a couple meters easy. I re-did the calibration and compass calibration several times. I keep getting insane high reading on the internal compass.. I have no idea why. If somebody could look at this log and find any clues I'd really appreciate it. It is a 3Dr pixhawk. Ublox7 w/ compass. X8R receiver with Teensy.

279.BIN

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3701916393?profile=original
    • If you look at the GPS plot you will see your copter flew into the trees a couple of times.  I'm sure that did not happen.  I think because of the trees the GPS is getting distorted causing position drift issues.  I have already had it happen while landing near my house to have the copter come right at me very fast because the GPS suddenly drifted into my house and the copter reacts be moving in the opposite direction.

Try flying in an open area free of obstructions and see if the same thing happens.  Otherwise you need to get above the tree line and hope it doesn't fly away.

Also the GPS subsystem reported a number of glitches during your flight.  Also EKF reported issues as well.

Your right about the high MAG values and offsets.  Don't know what that is.

• It's fixed. I don't know why but I had to reset the pixhawk on the full params list page and then do all the initial calibrations. Bill over there at APM forum set me straight. I know what you mean about bad gps around buildings etc however I had flown here many times it was just 'wigging'. ha Anyway good to know about reseting the board. Sometimes I guess these little electronic gremlins show up and just need to start over. 

http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=100&t=10932

• Richard, is it actually flying right now, or you have just fixed the offsets problem?

• Actually flying yes. That definitely solved the issue. I had thought perhaps it was interfeirance from the X8R receiver but that was not the case. Good thing because it would have been difficult to move it 8 feet away from the pixhawk. ha 

This reply was deleted.

Activity