Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• If using sonar for altitude how does the upcoming 3.3 code deal with the baro sensor? Is it going to be just one or the other or is the baro going to take over after X amount of altitude?

What's the different between sonar and optical flow? Can the pixhawk use both? I'm very interested in how the optical flow could work for landing on a moving target in my case a boat. If the optical flow see's the boat and the boat drifts away a bit it could compensate. That would be really cool!

Also really interested in how sonar would work over water. I emailed Lidar about this and did not get a concrete answer but it was suggested it's likely to work okay if it's not too high. 

• Hello...does anybody here have information when new generation of Lidar Lite will be avalible?

also did any of you try PWM connection ("This works around a number of bugs in the I2C interface for the Lidar. The bugs include generating spurious pulses on the I2C bus and lockups of the Lidar in flight.")?Is it possible in Ardu:Copter too,not only Ardu:Plane?

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-optional-hardware/common-ra...

should I buy this or wait?wait for how long?

• THX

• Developer

Emin,

I think the PWM interface won't be supported in ArduCopter until AC3.3 (beta testing should start soon-ish though).  On the dev team we've heard good mumurs about the Lidar-Lite guys resolving the I2C issues but we haven't yet gotten any samples to test yet.  I think all the Lidar-Lite sensors being sold by whatever retailer (Sparkfun, etc) have the I2C issues.  Personally I would wait until we confirm the I2C issues are resolved.

• You could try one of these 

https://www.coolcomponents.co.uk/lidar-lite-laser-ranging-module.html

Stuart

• I have an APM with a bad sonar analog input 0.  I changed to analog input 2 with parameter RNGFND_PIN=2. However flight data user values sonarvoltage and sonarrange are displaying random values. Are there any other parameter changes required when relocating the sonar from one pin to another?

• Can it also do so when the sonar sees the ground, maybe set at 5 metres?

• I just want to report a small issue I found yesterday.

My settings are: AHRS_GPS_MINSATS = 6, AHRS_EKF_USE = 1

After my GPS had a valid 3D lock (and received 4 sats) I started in "Stabilize" and switched to "Position hold" shortly after.
    While still in "Position hold" the only stick input I gave was some yaw. Suddendly I noticed a small jump upwards (~1,5m), this happend only once.

In the log I found following:

Number of satellites increases to 6 at 16:27:02
    AHR2 values start at                         16:27:12
    The jump happens at                         16:27:22

So I assume it has something to do when the EKF kicks in or similar.

For sure it's easy to avoid (just wait for the appropriate number of satellites before launch), but maybe somebody wants to improve that.

Best regards,
    lakeroe

2015-02-03 16-26-02.bin

Settings.param

• Developer

Lakeroe,

Yes, it's a known issue when using the EKF.  It takes a little while to warm up and the switch from DCM/InertialNav -> EKF leads to a little jump.  It's on the issues list for AC3.3 although for AC3.3 we will be dumping InertialNav completely I think.  That may force everyone to wait a little longer before take-off than they current do .. or maybe we can speed it up the settle time for the EKF.  We shall see!

• we will be dumping InertialNav completely I think.

Is that the "INAVERR" AC3.2 is reporting (nearly the whole flight log); the so called "speed error" as some refer to it, and which you said may be a red herring?

I'm just looking at everything possible before taking up my copter again.

Doug W noted the K index may have been a contributor to the twitching and drifting I had last weekend which fortunately only lasted seconds. Normally I check the index, but didn't that day. NSat and hdop were excellent....maybe having such a good GPS made me complacent.

This reply was deleted.

Activity