Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Here are a couple.  

Thanks for any suggestions!

Bill

• Latest Beta can't get Autotune to turn on during flight.  And when I switch back to the latest release (Not Beta) I can't see nor hear what flight node is on.  I can see the number listing in the full parameters list but it won't verbally tell me when I switch from one to another.  And again after flight two with latest release Autotune not working.

If someone wants to see the log files for both flights let me know.

Thanks

• Developer

Hi William, 

if you add a log I will take a look for you.

• I'm flying 3.2 with APM without problems, other issue solved is the false positive on Land mode, in 3.15 you have the risk that the copter thinks that has landed when you are in hover, stop the motors and crash if you don't retake stab quickly; but in 3.2 some people are reporting more sensibility with vibrations, so, if you have vibrations near limit perhaps is better to stay in 3.15; i prefer to download logs like 3.2 from the first page but that is only preferences.
    • Thx to both of you ;)

I am way below vibration limits so that would be no problem. I think I will give 3.2 a chance.

Cheers
      Axel

• Hi,

currently I am still using 3.1.5 but would like to change to 3.2 because of some features in mission planning i.e. Do_Change_Speed command.

Question is: Is 3.2 stable to fly? What I see is that the developers are already at version 3.3 beta testing. From my understanding that means 3.2 is free of fatal errors just some minor features need improvement in the next version.

I am on an APM so 3.2.x is the highest version I can go but I need a safe and stable to fly firmware without fancy features that cause problems.

Grateful for any help

Cheers

Axel

• 3.2 should be as stable as 3.1.5. I say "should" because I never tried it. I am on 3.1.5 as you are.

3.2 gives a few good features like hybrid mode, spline waypoints and EKF. To me the most important of all is the EKF but it won't work on APM. AC 3.2 will also take away some features like CLI/terminal window from the mission planner. You won't be able to download your logs as you used to do.  May not be important to some people but it is to me. So I elected to stay with 3.1.5. It is okay for me now. I may try it one day but I know that if I want to catch up with the development of the AC firmware, I need to get a better flight controller. 

• Hello, guys! I'm from Brazil, computer science student and my english is not very good, so, please, I'm sorry by my possible errors in write. I have a question about the sonars which can be use in APM 2.6. I'm beginner in world of APM, but I would like know if can I use the sonar Maxbotix LV-EZ1 in the APM? My objetive is implement one algoritm simple for detect obstacles in your front and divert or lock your position (I'm still thinking about). I need use the sonar EZ1, because here, in Brazil, is more cheaper than others models Maxbotix.
    I decided make this procedure like part of the my monograph, because I think it will stay cool. Thanks by the contributions of all.

This reply was deleted.

Activity