Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Raph,

Ok, thanks for the report.  The vehicle is disarmed in stabilize mode?

• Hi Randy,

Yes sir - disarmed and in stabilize.

• thanx for posting very clear pictures for connecting NEO-M8N to pixhawk. that would be a great help. i think configuration for the Neo-M8N has to be through a configuration utility (if config is needed). have to get it ASAP.

• Hi all,

Ravi yes it's PnP so here is a pic of the wiring and an unbelievable new satcount :-)

red(+), blk(-), grn(compass(SCL)), yel(compass(SDA)), blk(GPS(RX)), blk(GPS(TX))

I separated the GPS wires, so you can see how they fit in the pixhawk plug..

3701767509?profile=original3701767398?profile=original3701767099?profile=original

• Christian,  or anyone else

I am not familiar with board connections, header pins etc.  Could you please elaborate on the board soldering connections and cable components?

1) What is soldered to the board?

2) What is connected to what is soldered to the board?

3) What is used at the Pixhawk end of the cable?

I have both a spare 6pin and 2 pin 3DR DF13 cable if they would be of any use in this project.

I have ordered a Mini NEO-M8N from CSG and want to have the components ready when it arrives

• Hi Christian,

can you tell me the compass orientation you have you set in MP for this M8 Modul, please.

Grüße

Sven

• Admin

@Christian,

I am presently operating a uBlox M8Q (active antenna) inside my home in southern Florida (USA) and the GPS has acquired 11 - 12 sats with an HDOP of between 0.7 - 0.9.

I expect the GPS to do much better outside on my rover.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Developer

If you are inside the HDOP at best is bogus. You have all sort of multipathing issues which are undetected, just that your reported position will be incorrect. I often see HDOP <2 in my basement, but the plot of the location is all around the house.

And then sometimes I see this

3702656846?profile=originalThere is no 'error' reported, just that the position is moving, in this case SW. The GPS is still in my basement. HDOP looks fine. HDOP is only indicative of accuracy, but in built up areas, or indoors the gps can be fooled into believing it is somewhere when it is somewhere else. Only with a clear view of the sky can you be sure you have a quality lock.
        The more accurate the timing of signals the better, but it's an inherent weakness that can only resolved with a technological innovation. (ie. walls that don't reflect GHz signals ;) )

• Admin

@Bill,

Going to have to disagree with you here.

If I let my uBlox LEA-6 run for about 1/2 hour inside the house away from any windows, I can usually acquire around 12 - 14 sats in the afternoon on a good day here in southern Florida.

The HDOP is usually around 1.4 - 1.6 and the vehicle position is rock steady.

Also, if I go outside and run my rover with unobstructed view of the sky, I can usually acquire 12 - 14 sats with an HDOP approaching 1.2 on occasion in the afternoon.

Regards,

TCIII ArduRover2 Developer

• Developer
            Its not only me you disagree with! Show me a screen grab of the vehicle position over time, or send me a tlog. Your vehicle will be sationary, but the bread crumbs will show it moving all over the place.

Unless you have a clear view of the sky, GPS can be inaccurate. HDOP is indicative. Its not an absolute truth.
This reply was deleted.

Activity