Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Nice video.  Great to see spline in action.

• Randy,

I read the wiki and it said in 3.2 DO_SET_ROI will hold the nose without entering multiple commands, as shown this video it did just that.  Problem is I have clue how to cancel and get it to return it back to normal yaw(nose) position.  So once set seemed as it was always set.  How do I cancel the DO_SET_ROI?  Do we need an END_SET_ROI?

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/mission-command-list/#Do-Set-ROI
        (Note: in AC3.2 it will be possible for DO_SET_ROI without entering multiple commands).

Thanks, Ed

• IIRC, a DO_SET_ROI with lat,lon set to 0,0 cancels the command

• Hi Randy en dev team,

My first impression about 3.2 rc2, I put EKF on channel 7, changing it on an off I noticed that with EKF the quad doesn't have any twitches, more stable in the air and althold and loiter were also working great.

Greatest visible difference for  me was in stabilize with or without EKF, with EKF the quad looks like hanging on a wire,

Weather was perfect during testing NO wind.

I still have to test the new hybrid flight mode but stabilize is my most used and that worked better than 3.1.4

I used the pids from autotune 3.1.4, is het recommended to do a autotune with 3.2 with EKF activated?

• Developer

Peter,

Txs for the report.  The EKF shouldn't affect the autotune so you should be able to stick with the previous PIDs.  Generally the EKF (which only runs on the Pixhawk) should perform just like the existing DCM+inertial nav (it replaces both) although it should be more resistant to vibration and other sensor noise.

• " more resistant to vibration and other sensor noise" could explain hat the quad looks and flies more stable?, When EKF enabled there were no more little twitches and also altitude hold looks like it's doing the job better then without EKF

Are with 3.2rc2 on the pixhawk the stabilize loops 400Hz or still in APM compatibility 100Hz?, is this the onion structure?

But so far I love it :)

• Same question I posted here earlier but there's no response, even from the dev team.

• @christian , thanx for the list. i did not realize that the sunrise 20A ESC have SiLab processor. I have ordered sunrise 20A BLheli firware ESC. I am glad the ESC in in this list. the list should be updated regularly since there so many brands of ESCs in market. I still think the ESC sync  with pixhawk is a major issue and could be a cause to some unexplained crashes. honestly, i never had a crash in last two years. this is my first crash (really bad) and i would try to eliminate this cause forever.

This reply was deleted.

Activity