Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Test report AC3.2-rc3:  I did auto mission with Do_set_roi.  The flight is rather smooth and nice except that when ROI started, there's a brief oscillation in both roll and pitch as shown in line numbers 2731 up to 2957. Please see attached log. Thanks

2014-07-20 17-27-36.log

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702506480?profile=original
  • Went back to 3.1.5, connects no problem, tried 3.2-rc3 again, nothing...

What is stopping 3.2-rc3 from connecting via mavlink?

The board is the Pixhawk compatible AUAV-X1, maybe some hardware incompatibility or setting?

• Conanony,

There are also a few other people having these behavior. It started two weeks ago. It was a very intermittent connection, grown to a lost connection. We disabled the ECC box in telemetry settings. That worked well for a week, and today I can't connect to all 3 of my copters. It's independently of the USB device. I tested already two. I updated all devices to SiK version 1.9 but no luck. The RSSI is decreasing exponentially to distance. The connection can only be established within one meter and RSSI is totally lost after 3 meters. Maybe some strange atmospheric disturbances?

Edit: happens with 3.1.5 till 3.2 RC3, APM and Pixhawk

• 3.1.5 is fine but 3.2-rc3 is not. Has this been reported as an issue to the devs and how many are having this issue?

I cant get an RSSi value as I can't connect, period. Can't do compass calibration, can't fly, can't test. If this is a firmware issue then what can be done to fix it?

• If you are using pixhawk, be sure to set serial_baud1 to 57k and btw set the serial CTSRTS check to 0 if you don't have the 6 pin connector(only 4)

So do you get a message "no heartbeats" or what message?

• Hello Christian,
        I had a similar problem after a few meters the signal decreased until you log out, after searching I found the antenna connector of the modem unsoldered with small cracks on welds.
        I believe that with the vibrations create these cracks, I soldered the connector and everything is back to normal.
        your could be this type of fault.
        greetings

• Hi all, just loaded AC3.2-rc3 but my 433MHz telemetry stopped connecting, really odd, it was connected just before ungrading from 3.1.5 to 3.2-rc3 but now it will no longer connect?

The two radios talk to each other and load their respective settings which are identical, also tried two different PC's, is there something new in 3.2-rc3 that needs to be changed to allow connecting?

• I loaded the 3.2rc3 FW today and re-calibrated the compass.  I flew in Stability, Loiter, AltHold, RTL, and ran AutoTune.  Things were very stable for the most part.  There is a tangible throttle drop when switching from AltHold or Loiter to Stabilize.  The throttle was left in the same position as when the modes were enabled.  My setup is DJI F450, DJI E300 propulsion, Pixhawk less than 2 months old, 3DR Telemetry/GPS/PPM Encoder.  Futaba 14SG Tx with R7008SB Rx. I can post logs if it would be of any help.

• Troy,

sounds like your quad is little under powered. So go to mission planner config page/full parameter list and and set THR_MID to the value of TRIM_THROTTLE. So maybe 550 or 600. Click write button. Increasing this value will give more throttle to the motors in stabilise. If you have to go above 650 it's time to think about upgrading your hardware setup.

• Here are the before THR_MID and TRIM_THROTTLE params.  I adjusted THR_MID to TRIM_THROTTLE and will test. 

3702659884?profile=original

This reply was deleted.

Activity