Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• yes. i do hope something works out for boaters like us. I don't really like to ignore all my error messages in MP. 

• I had the same may have moved it while plugging in power if it was calibrating it's self not shure but unplugged plugged in again let go quick and then no problem 

Stuart

• Loaded 3.2rc12 on my old small DIY tricopter with an APM 2.5 yesterday evening. Very little tuning was done before the auto flight (just plugged in a few old values I had for that frame). Zip-tied the SJ4000 directly to the frame, tossed a few spline waypoints in and let it go. It only 'jerked' at about half the waypoints so it is possible the wind gusts had something to lend to it. Overall very smooth and it has never flown better. Great job Dev's! http://vimeo.com/108748302

• Developer

Michael,

Thanks for the feedback.  Getting rid of the little jerks as it goes through waypoints has been a bit of a struggle.  We think if the waypoint speed is low-ish (like 5m/s) they won't show up but as you go faster they appear.  For AC3.3. I'm sure we will get rid of them completely.

• Would be so great to get rid of the jerks in AC3.2

• I'm definitely experiencing that. My WP speed is set to about 35kh and even if I'm careful to not do S patterns, I still get jerks on the yaw. I'm doing FPV so it's very noticeable.

• Randy, is there a feature request list for post 3.2 releases anywhere? Thx. So far RC12 is treating me good. Thx for all the hard work!
  • Randy, do you mind taking a look at my message on the previous page. I'm thinking it's an auto landing triggered by GPS but am not sure that is showing up in the log. It's never happened before. Only with rc12. Did some checking get more strict on GPS health in rc12? Up until rc10 I never had this happen.

• Could some one explain the Altitude Parameter on the DO_SET_ROI please? if Spline Waypoint 1 is 10 M and SET_ROI is 8m and Spline Waypoint 3 is 10 M will that produce a Dip in altitude? or is that parameter largely ignored? Also still trying to Clarify the Cicle Radius if it is in deed meters or centimeters. The Mission Planner Full params Shows it as Meters. 

thanks in advance having a great time flying RC 10, just upgraded everything to RC12 and hoping for a sunny weekend. KUDOS all around Dev Team!!

• Developer

Circle Radius is in cm (older FW it's in m)

const AP_Param::GroupInfo AC_Circle::var_info[] PROGMEM = {
      // @Param: RADIUS
      // @DisplayName: Circle Radius
      // @Description: Defines the radius of the circle the vehicle will fly when in Circle flight mode
      // @Units: cm
      // @Range: 0 10000
      // @Increment: 100
      // @User: Standard
      AP_GROUPINFO("RADIUS", 0, AC_Circle, _radius, AC_CIRCLE_RADIUS_DEFAULT),

This reply was deleted.

Activity