Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi There,

i'm just turning in circles, i've still problem's with the new Autotune. I onestly don't understand why it was changed since AC3.1.5 as it was working like charme. I already suggested to make it adjustable for those how want to get out the last from their frame and Hardware. Basically if the PID's are too high and it start oscilating there is more to lose as to win.

I have my new iris+ and also my hexa suffering and there both like new no hardware issue.

• here is comparision between Auto tune on the left and Iris Factory settings on the right

Autotune is going nearby to be double factory settings

3702533470?profile=original

• I have a hexacopter I have make an so many RTL'S with the altitude of 5 in the flight plan it done perfectly when iam setting into the auto mission its not getting the required altitude which was 5 default alt . I have reinstalled mission planner no use my hexa configuration is apm 2.6 3.1.5 ac firmware with the 3dr gps I dont understand what is the problem and what is the bug in the firmare or any other. ..help me out......

thanks in advance

yuvraj
  • Copter shot straight up full throttle while it alt hold I immediately hit stab to come back down. 3.2 rc 14. never had this in rc10 only thing changed other than rc 14 that I can think of is new esc's. Love 3.2 butter smooth until now. If anybody could look at the log I would appreciate it.

132.BIN

• Developer

Climbing in Alt hold is a common symptom of excessive vibration.  The auto analysis quickly confirms that is the case with this log.    Perhaps you have something hitting the autopilot. 

Log File C:/Users/Navigator/AppData/Local/Temp/tmpDD1E.tmp.log

Size (kb) 9632.8583984375
      No of lines 132504
      Duration 5 days, 14:45:06
      Vehicletype ArduCopter
      Firmware Version V3.2
      Firmware Hash c8e0f3e1
      Hardware Type
      Free Mem 0
      Skipped Lines 0

Test: Autotune = UNKNOWN - No ATUN log data
      Test: Balance/Twist = GOOD -
      Test: Brownout = GOOD -
      Test: Compass = FAIL - Large change in mag_field (57.72%)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
      Test: Empty = GOOD -
      Test: Event/Failsafe = FAIL - ERR found: GPS
      Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
      Test: IMU Mismatch = WARN - Check vibration or accelerometer calibration. (Mismatch: 1.42, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
      Test: Parameters = GOOD -
      Test: PM = GOOD -
      Test: Pitch/Roll = GOOD -
      Test: Thrust = GOOD -
      Test: VCC = GOOD -

Please start with the auto analysis tools first as it can save everyone a lot of time.

Also please review the log yourself and look at the DAlt and the Baro Alt and you can see the effects of the vibration on the vehicle

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/downloading-and-analyzing-data-log...

Also look at accelerometer X & Y values.  There is a pretty big offset between the x & y accelerometers.  Did you bang or move the autopilot? 

• Am I looking at / reading this right? See pic

vibration?.jpg

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3702676751?profile=original
      • I only recently got the PC version of Mission planner I've been using the Mac version APM Planner which doesn't have that auto analyzer.  So I will for sure try that out. Not sure why it says zero sats it was over 7. I don't like that compass issue either. It's a 3dr compass / gps on a mast so not sure what more I can do with that. I recalibrated twice.   I know what you mean about vibration but I'd be surprised if it was that. I've had that before and it's a constant thing and the copter kind of just doesn't hold alt very well. This holds alt perfect! No issues then it's like flicking a switch it shoots up. Did the same thing here  [ see new log ] but not as bad. Not saying your wrong just I'd be surprised if vibration acted that fast and so abrupt when it was perfect otherwise. Thanks for the help though!! I'm sure it's a set up issue one way or the other. I did re-secure the pixhawk when I did the esc's maybe it's loose or bumping something. 

133.BIN

• Developer

You can also upload your files to Droneshare and the auto Analysis tool is available right there.

But you don't need to use the auto analyser either.  You can graph all of these functions in AP2

Also, the GPS status and Mag status are not related to the climb in this flight.

If you re-secured the autopilot then you need to re-do your accelerometer calibration.

This reply was deleted.

Activity