Developer

ArduCopter-3.2 beta testing

Warning #1: PX4/Pixhawk users upgrading from AC3.1.5 (or earlier) may need to re-do their compass and accelerometer calibration because AC3.2 also uses the backup compass and accels.  Pre-arm checks have been added to ensure this has been done.

Warning #2: on the APM2.x the logs must be downloaded using MAVlink instead of the terminal.

AC3.2-rc14 is now available for BetaTesters through the mission planner’s Beta Firmwares link.  The full release notes can be found in ReleaseNotes.txt and changes from -rc13 can be seen below.

Feel free to raise issues found during testing on this discussion or in the new support section in the APM Forum.

It’s a big release with “the onion” restructure and a bunch of new features (including these 57 closed items) so we need to re-test almost everything including all flight modes, all mission commands and all the new features.  Marco and I will be maintaining (and adding to) this testing list.  Issues reported will first be checked by Jonathan, Marco and I and then confirmed bugs/issues will be put on the github issues list (and then hopefully fixed).

Thanks especially to the beta testers who put their copters at risk testing each release.  Enjoy!

Changes from 3.2-rc13
1) Safety Features:
     a) fail to arm if second gyro calibration fails (can be disabled with ARMING_CHECK)
2) Bug fixes:
    a) DCM-check to require one continuous second of bad heading before triggering LAND
    b) I2C bug that could lead to Pixhawk freezing up if I2C bus is noisy
    c) reset DCM and EKF gyro bias estimates after gyro calibration (DCM heading could drift after takeoff due to sudden change in gyro values)
    d) use primary GPS for LED status (instead of always using first GPS)

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• On my quadcopter with APM 2.6 controller and firmware version 3.2 rc5 there is still a noticable twitch when passing regular and spline waypoints. It would be great if this can be solved with the upcoming 3.2 release.

Best regards,

Jan Willem
    The Netherlands
    • Developer

Yes Jan, is a known problem that I've already reported, it will be fixed after the release 3.2.

• hi Marco, i look  you YouTube video  hexacopter  3.2b fail  while rotating around its axis and motion along the circle. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WeOfKgdrP8

its wrong works of ahrs_gps_gain=1 level correction?

Problem is located?

• Developer

Hi Alexey, the problem is still under investigation.
          However i did subsequently many more flights without this thing happen.
          The board stop logging during this issue, also via telemetry, this is the thing to investigate.
          Unfortunately during this crash I did not realize that for an absurd reason I had a lot of vibrations to the board, I think this may have knocked the inertial corrections.
          Unfortunately during this failure I was flying very low and I have not had time to try a recovery in Stabilize or Acro.

After that I isolated the vibrations and I have not had this problem.

• I thought that because of the acceleration in turn had a tilt of the horizon, this effect is often observed in the "arduplane" in models with high torque. The best way to find it - use the OSD record. It is easy to compare the real horizon of the camera and the horizon of the autopilot. as a result of acceleration  the horizon may to be tilted to 30 degrees, this value was added to the angle required for braking, resulting in an angle of 75 degrees has appeared crucial to keep the altitude.

I apologize in advance for wasting your time if you find my guesses delusional

• Today I had a really bad crash.

I was finally testing my TBS Discovery with 3.2 rc-5, I started doing some alt-hold test which worked perfect, same for loiter and even did 2 RTL, everything was working so good I got confident and did a little FPV flight with some winds. When I was returning to land flying against the wind in alt-hold I released the pitch stick to lose speed and the quad overcorrected and crashed.

This is the flight recorded from the DVR(crash is at 1:55):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CDGCupvQaA&t=1m55s

I attached the logs too, was looking at them but didn't see anything odd, only errors are at the end, first one because the rx disconnected from the pixhawk and the second one because the GPS also disconnected.

I ended breaking 2 props in the back and damaging a motor in the front, also the GPS pole bended.

I really want to understand what happened because the quad was flying very good, I don't see any baro errors in the log, I wish that would've been the case to know for sure what was the problem.

2.BIN

2.log

• Several have complained about this in Alt hold, the response to stop after moving in althold to a stop is a bit abrupt. Seeing your speed right before probably was just not high enough from the ground to right itself prior to the crash
  • In 3.2, is there a way to disable the internal compass? The Pixhawk is mounted yaw180 deep in a carbon fiber H-frame with esc power cables running on either side,etc... It seems as though the internal and external compass are working together for heading information and that is probably not a good thing for this particular setup. I can't seem to find a param to disable it.

• Developer

Michael,

There's no way to disable the internal compass I'm afraid.  Only the primary compass is used which will be the external one by default.  There's no fusing of the compass values although that might make sense for us to do that eventually.

So in your case, I think you just need to worry about the possibility of the external compass failing in flight and it switching over to the internal compass.

• Hi everyone!!

Do someone have a .hex file of the frimware for MinimODS with support of the new flight modes?

This reply was deleted.

Activity