arducopter mega 1280 not compatable with version 2.3 ??

I am having some problems with my quad that has a 1280 board. I went into the terminal to do some tests and there is a message, " NOT COMPATABLE WITH 1280 BOARD " I assume this is theolder board and I should most likley be using the older version . Am I correct to assume this ? If so what is the version I need to load to make this work ? Please assist me experts.

problem is copter spins while lifting, no yaw controll

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Unfortunately the old 1280 board has reached the limit and cannot be uploaded with all the features.

This means the CLI and the logging are disabled to save memory.

But everything should work just fine in the planner as the Mavlink protocol used to communicate between the APM and the planner is totally supported.

There is actually an option, but you need to be confident with compiling with arduino and be able to get latest repository firmware with GIT. The latest firmware in the repository has some optimizations that will let the 1280 board have cli enabled again.

If not, you can use the planner to debug.

1. Check that you have the mag enabled.

2. Check that your declination is correct (use comma not point to separate decimals)

3. check in planner that your heading is aligned to another compass (preferably non electronic compass)

4. your heading should not move if the copter is still, your heading should follow your new position if you rotate the board

4. in raw sensor view you actually have all raw information coming from the board (like the CLI), so heading value is what you are looking for. If you move the copter and heading returns to the original value then you could have a bad mag.

5. Check that you don't have any trim on your radio and that you have correctly calibrated the radio in the planner.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,

Emile

• Here's the thread about 1280 compatibility:

http://diydrones.com/profiles/blogs/apm1280-vs-apm2560-boards?id=70...

• Did you compile the code yourself or download it from Mission Planner?

This reply was deleted.

Activity