Developer

ArduPlane 2.62 released

I've just released ArduPlane 2.62

The main reason for this release so soon after 2.61 is to fix elevon mixing. That was broken completely in 2.61. My apologies to everyone with an elevon plane!

Other changes in this release:

• new IMU timing code from Randy. This improves the accuracy of the timing in the DCM code, which should give a small improvement in attitude estimation
  • fixed fetching of relative altitude when you save a mission from the APM to a file using the mission planner
  • added support for MAV_CMD_PREFLIGHT_REBOOT_SHUTDOWN. This makes it possible to reboot an APM2 remotely from a ground station
  • added speed scaling for wheeled takeoff. This prevents the rudder from over-correcting in the later parts of a takeoff
  • fixed setting a specific GPS protocol for an APM1-1280. This allows you to select any of the GPS drivers in a APM1-1280.
  • fixed navigation roll in an automated landing, to prevent wings hitting the runway during the last stage of a landing
  • fixed LAND_PITCH_CD to only apply to the final part of a landing
  • fixed noisy PWM output on startup on an APM2. This should help with some cheaper ESCs not booting correctly on startup
  • fix for NMEA parsing from Alexey Kozin (thanks Alexey!)
  • added a AHRS_BARO_USE parameter. This allows you to disable the use of the barometer for vertical acceleration correction. Combined with ALT_MIX, this makes it possible to completely disable the use of the barometer (in case your barometer is very badly shielded from air flow)

Happy flying!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Arduplane 2.61 Long flight tested on Flying Wing in AeroSIM-RC

• Observation:

• When 2.62 flight firmware is loaded, no issue of connection with Mission planner observed 100% success rate tried 20 times, always success.
    • When 2.62 HIL firmware is loaded, serious issue of connection with Mission planner observed, 0% success rate tried 20 times, never got connection with MP.
    • Then loaded 2.61 HIL, no issue observed.
  • Thanks Andrew, I've been pulling what little hair I have left trying to get the elevon mixing working in 2.61. Will try again this evening with 2.62.

• I just tested the new code in stabalize mode and seems to work just fine for my elevons. Thanks for the update. I'll be testing it soon in the field.

Cheers

Dries

• Just from the field.

Want to perform takeoff during auto mission with no success. The plane tends to pitch but with no throttle applied. The last time I was trying auto takeoff on 2.59 release and all was flawless. Also there is no airpeed sensor connected and the code is 2.62..

• Hi all!

I just updated to this last firmware and somehting really strange happen. I was going to perform a radio calibration but I realised that there is a huge lag between my actions and the response on the APM planner...for  example, when I move the throttle stick it take like 7-8 seconds to show the bar moving up and down on the calibration menu. Same happen on flight stats, when I move  APM 2.5 around it shows in the panel really really slow and with a huge lag! It was working yesterday night with 2.61...

Any ideas??

thanks!!

• Has 2.92 fixed the telemetry painfully slow linkup bug that 2.61 has?

• Thannks a lot Andrew ^^

I was thinking that i was crazy ....

I give a lot this morning and come back for feedback ^^

• Hi Andrew,

Thx!

I will try it soon.

Is AS bug fixed in this release?

Gábor
    http://soon.Is/
  • Thanks Andrew, you are a machine!

The remote APM rebooting sounds good. My APM is buried in my airframe, so this will be useful. Will there be a reboot button on the mission planner to send the message?

Also can't wait to try out the ESC fix. My turnigy trust 40A ESC will sometimes not boot correctly.

This reply was deleted.

Activity