Developer

ArduPlane 2.65 released

I've just released ArduPlane 2.65

This is what is known in the free software community as a "brown paper bag" release, because the developer (that's me) thinks he should hide his head in a brown paper bag out of sheer embarrassment.

Steven G noticed that my fix for stick mixing in CIRCLE mode in 2.64 broke STABILISE mode. When I test flew 2.64 I tested FBWA, but not STABILISE mode!

So the only change in 2.65 is to fix that. My apologies for the 2.64 release!

Cheers, Tridge

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thanks tridge for the fix, I had problems yesterday with stabilize, updating now.

@Martin Bellomo: I have done several successfullauto takeoffs on sunday with V. 2.64.

• Wow !!

Release RUSH ! Faster than tests, I haven´t enough good days for testing so many soft versions.

I have one question Andrew... Do you test Auto Take Off... Is it fixed now ? My last Auto Take off ends in a crash.

When APM ends ATO and change to next waypoint cut off engine and turns to next waypoint and looses too much altitude, In may last flight my elevator horn fails. I had enough elevator to flight straight and climb, but the airplane looses too much altitude and ends diving fast so with reduced elevator capability APM wasn´t able to recover.

ATO is critical for my project.

Thanks for your dedication, APM is great !

• Hello Andrew,

Thank you very much for you quick support!

I was looking in the function "send_extended_status1" and found this:

uint16_t battery_current = -1;
        uint8_t battery_remaining = -1;

Two negative values in unsigned integers. Is this on purpose?

Also found this:

battery_remaining = 150;

This is not a problem by itself but when sent in "mavlink_msg_sys_status_send", the battery_remaining field is defined as int8_t , which will cause an overflow. Thanks in advance!

Pedro

• Hi Andrew,

Good on you! I'm trying to use do_set_parameter , do_repeat_servo and do_mount_control commands in MP1.2.12 as well as the older versions which seems non of them are working! Can you please advise...

Cheers, Aami 

• Don't be so hard on yourself...we appreciate your work no matter how brown-paper-baggy it may get on the odd occasion.

• Thank you Andrew. :)

This reply was deleted.

Activity