automatic update fail

I have already asked this question but can't find an answer. I have mission planer 1.1.99 installed on my computer (windows 7 64 bit).

When I open Mission Planer a little window open and advise that there is an update available. If Iclick yes, everything download OK until the part which says "Getting Open T K. compatibility.dll: 0.5%" Then I got the message" Update failed The request was aborted: The connectionwas closed unexpectedly.

Could some body from the team give me an idea of what is wrong? I do not have time limit activated on my computer. However if I down load the .exe from the download site I have no problem in installing the software. Cheers Pierre

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I found that some updates did not set permissions properly which affected the program.

Now, whenever there is an update I quit MP and then run it again as 'Administrator' and all is well.

It seems some files are set to admin only and running as a user the update can't change these files or directories.

• Perhaps you have an antivirus software mistakenly blocking the download?

• Hi Chris, yes have done that even deleted MP from the computer and redownloaded the .exe file from the site, no dice.

cheers Pi

• 3D Robotics

I didn't have any trouble myself, but have you tried rebooting and trying again? If that doesn't work, uninstalling and doing a fresh install?

This reply was deleted.

Activity