Greetings: I am using a 3DR X8, Pixhawk with a NEX5 for standard mapping/photogrammetry. I want to map a cliff face. Is it possible to create an autonomous flight in Mission Planner that will photograph the face in a grid-style pattern up-down and left to right (or vice versa) with the same kind of image overlap that you can do on a vertical mapping project? Think photogrammetry turned sideways to map in a vertical plane as opposed to the normal horizontal plane.

I can use a gimbal set at 90 degrees and create the waypoints fairly parallel to the face but can't figure out the up/down part at a specific waypoint. I have seen this done with oblique images that are manipulated in specialized software (EG PIX4D) but not with images taken parallel to an object in an 'up-down' format.

All help gratefully appreciated and accepted.

Marshall

Views: 2109

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I haven't flown a copter for a while (mostly fly planes) and I do not have SITL handy but I suggest you try it out in SITL first. If you haven't set up SITL yet, check it out here, it will save you a lot of time when trying to figure things out.

Did you ever figure our a good procedure for vertical face mapping?

Thanks for posting

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2018   Created by Chris Anderson.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service