Autotune

I need some advice. A while back, the word was sync issues with large pancake low kv motors with simonk escs. My personal exp.has been not so much the large,low kv pancake motors as it has been those same motors with high poll count. when i have used those same motors with 12/14 poll motors,i have not seen it happen to as as with the high poll count,22/24. Having said that, i have a Tarot x6, with Multistar 50 size 274kv motors. Rebranded Arris 288kv motors. Im using Pixhawk/20000mah 6s---flycolor 45amp escs. It flys absolutley awesome. I would like to use autotune,and have asked Randy if it could be an issue,and told me to come on here and see if Lenard would chime in. Any help would be Greatly appreciated.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Question. If it is flying awesome why would you run an auto tune? I just finished building an awesome T960 and it flies like a dream on stock pids so I have no desire or need to run an auto tune as when it comes to these things "if it ain't broke don't fix it" I have run auto-tune on a lot of frames but those were builds that the stock pids weren't up to snuff and I always have to change the pids after an auto-tune anyway.

Just asking why people have the need to run an auto-tune on a bird that is already flying excellent.

• My defaults did NOT work so well. I had to tune. Having said that,It flys well,but would like to get it dialed in better. Auto tune has mostly done an awesome job for me. Also,have heard that sync issues are not present in the newer versions 3.3 +    My exp has been the higher poll count having the issues,and these are low. Just trying to see if maybe Lenard Hall might chime in,as Randy suggest i ask in this discussion. I always have had to do a little adjusting after autotune as well, but depends on what level autotune i used. Still, autotune gets it real close. Yes,i could leave it,but would like to autotune to get closer.I would like to have Lenard jump in. If not,i have advised Randy i will take one for the team for testing. So far,it has been the high poll count that has showed the sync issues--for me. So im pretty sure it will be fine,just trying to get some input on the matter. Also would like to know why people assume most dont know what they are doing. If it was flying excellent,i wouldnt be asking. Just saying. No offense.

• I've had issues with high pole count motors with simonk a year or so ago, but now on my smaller builds I pretty much use BLHeli and that issue went away. I've also heard the newer simonk has resolved the desync issues on high pole low kv motors. I stopped using simonk on high pole low kv motors and now pretty much only use XRotor Pro escs running the stock firmware and I have not had 1 desync issue since.

Thanks for your clarification though. I just see this "i need to run auto-tune" so much and always wonder "but why"

• Thanks for the response Craig. Yea, that is also what I have experienced as well. Also would like to help resolve the question as well. If I could get a response from Lenard, that would sure help. If not maybe we can shed some light on this. Although it flies good and no sync issues without autotune,there could still be some situations that might replicate the fast high angle maneuvering, such as high wind gust etc. So if we just leave it be,we just won't know and still have some wondering if their bird goes in. Not saying that one complete autotune success would give an absolute solve,but would certainly aid in the end resolve. I will also keep you posted on the findings. I will wait to see if Lenard will see this and offer some insite. I will give it a couple days, then give it a try. Of coarse I will take my gimble gear off and most any ting I can as well as test this in very tall thick grass. Again, thanks Craig, and if you have time, poke around a bit. If ya stumble on some added info,please pass it on to me. Your input is APPRECITED!!!
  • Forgot to mention, these motors are 12/14 poll count. Also 18in carbon props.

This reply was deleted.

Activity