BLDC motor reccomendation.

Greetings everyone,

I am want to develop a tether hexacopter out of a tarot X6 and I am having problem in choosing the motors. The actual problem is that the companies don't have any record that proves endurance of the motor. I need motors that could bear the flight of 5 hours continuously. Does anyone know any motor that could fly for 5 hours non stop. Please see Tarot X6 can have 18 inch max prop.

Thanks

Zabbie

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Safety is the most important, buy a good brand more reliable

• thank you so much for your help, I will be doing the real-time testing of motors next week and I will update the results.

• Over powered means more than what you need to do the job! Eg motor would be twice a thick than you need, twice the winding! does not matter the brand there no substitute for testing , where there is lack of knowledge! you can run a motor as long as you like! as long as it does not get too hot bearings are consumables must be changed out after excessive use regardless! motors with good bearings are expensive they start at 100 each you get what you pay for !  MC5008 4008 Martin Brushless Motor good example of a cheap over powered motor ! 

• TMotors and KDE have good bearings, tolerances, are of high quality - that said, even "reputable" resellers push clones now and then, which may vary in quality.

I've even seen hobbyKing Elite series to be very good.

Do not focus too much on ceramic bearings , unless you run very high RPM, on slower (low KV) motors with big props, there is not much advantage.

By "over-powering"  , he means to have a motor that is so powerful, it can do the job without getting hot,  Unfortunatly , manufacturers, including TMotos, lie all the time.

(Lie like: datasheet claim maximum continuous output of 600W , then you read that they define "continuous" as 30seconds, and then you discover in bench test that anything above 450W for a few minutes starts to smell funny...)

• TMotors and KDE have good bearings, tolerances, are of high quality - that said, even "reputable" resellers push clones now and then, which may vary in quality.

I've even seen hobbyKing Elite series to be very good.

Do not focus too much on ceramic bearings , unless you run very high RPM, on slower (low KV) motors with big props, there is not much advantage.

By "over-powering"  , he means to have a motor that is so powerful, it can do the job without getting hot,  Unfortunatly , manufacturers, including TMotos, lie all the time.

(Lie like: datasheet claim maximum continuous output of 600W , then you read that they define "continuous" as 30seconds, and then you discover in bench test that anything above 450W for a few minutes starts to smell funny...)

• Yes, Andre K. Exactly, Bearing is the ultimate factor , thanks for your correction to my question and making me understand the concept, so i can use any motor with ceramic bearing by powering up the motor according to its recommendation then i can use the motors for 6 to 8 hours straight? Can you name a company that produces motor with high quality Japanese or ceramic bearings.

@OG what do you mean by over powering the motor ?

Thanks for your helpful answers.

• there is no such thing as long or longer endurance. 

If it's powerful enough not to get too hot, the only two parts that can get worn are ball bearings (and if props are balanced, they last really, really long), your questions may rather be, "does the motor come high quality Japanese or ceramic bearings ?"

in any case, 5h or 50h is not an issue.

• as long as the motor is over powered for the job you should not have an issue with MV4008 or MC5008! 

• Thank you for you suggestion it seems fine, is it superior than tarot MC5008 in comparison to long endurance?

• you may want to look at 4008 Martin Brushless Motor

http://brushlessgimbal.ca/Multi-Rotor-Products-Parts/Brushless-Moto...

4008 Martin brushless motor [TL2955] - $35.00 : www.brushlessgimbal.ca, RC Hobby DYI UAS FPV Aerial…
    www.brushlessgimbal.ca 4008 Martin brushless motor [TL2955] - Features 4008 Martin long endurance non brush motor applicable to long endurance multi…
This reply was deleted.

Activity