CANON SX260 Photogrammetry ISSUES

Dear Friends

First i want to share the solution to a trouble happening when we used the canon sx260 to take photos using fast rates of triggering (i.e one second).

The camera displayed the "MEMORY CARD ERROR". After many tries with differenten parameters of the camera and the CHDK .....................

This was solutioned using a SD CARD MEMORY of 300x or More (The best is 600x). Use a SD card that not use an adapter of microSd to SD.

Today i want to ask to some one to know how to configure the SX260 to take sharp (No Blurred) images.

What´s the best set of parameters or settings to this camera in order to obtain the best results?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Sorry for my lack of clarity.

I meant for shutter speeds.  Interval = 1 sec(Using CHDK) .

About the blurred images . I have iinstalled the camera (SX260) in a X8 or  some times in a MAJA from Bor

matec. For this reason the Hovering don´t apply to my application.

• I too am mounting an sx260 in an X8. I used rubber motor mounts to reduce vibration, and I am planning on using ear plugs on the camera itself to further isolate it. I too would like to hear from people who have NOT mounted their canon to a copter, but to a plane platform, and have some real world experience to report.

• Thanks for your comments.

It´s possible that you share your expereriences . Especifically I need to configure or set the sx260´s parameters in order to obtain Good quality Pictures mounted on the X8. I´m using a CHDK intervalometer to automatize the process.

• There are a number of issues that cause blur. Obviously, some vibration damping is required, but the biggest improvement we had was when we started to use these scripts;

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=10822.0

This guy is brilliant and describes exactly how to fine tune the script for best results. 

• Thanks.  I already load this script in the camera . Soon i will test it on flight.

• Can anyone share a photo of how they have mounted their SX260 on a X8? thanks

• Yes please post some pictures on how you guys mount your SX260 on the X8, thanks in advance.  

Also I would appreciate some suggestions to mounting the SX260 to the X8(3DR).

• Hi Omar,

Can you clarify more what do you mean by fast rates of triggering? Do you use intervalometer script with 1 second of interval or do you use micro USB to trigger your camera?

Regarding the blurred images, first of all, based on our experiences so far, you might want to reduce your drone's hovering speed and you might want to configure the best shutter speed. During the bright day, we usually use 1/1200 shutter speed with 5m/s (18 km / s) of hovering speed.

Hope it is helpful

best,

Rai

This reply was deleted.

Activity