cant arm motors after successfull cli config

I did the cli configuration of the escs and was then able to run all the motors with the throttle stick on the transmitter. Also tried the motor test and all the motors worked correctly when moving around the yaw stick. After unplugging the usb and setting the switch to the front for flying I try to arm the motors by putting the throttle stick to lower right but nothing happens. Hold it there for a couple of seconds (also tried a longer period) but the motors dont react, they dont react when giving throttle either. The green led is lit at this time.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi,

did you manage to arm your motors?

Which radio are you using ?

regards,

Peter

• lower right didn't work for me eather (at first), because all channels were inverted.

Try the lower left. Or check the configurator if all the bars move the same direction as you put your sticks.

• Hi I've just done a factory reset and recalibrated everything but still can't get motors to arm.

Any ideas anyone, please.

Ken

• Its mode 2, WFLY wft09s

I reset factory settings, did the accel configuration and minimum throttle configuration. It still wouldnt arm the motors, but then I tried to put the throttle stick down and to the left instead of to the right and the motors armed. So its opposite on my transmitter hmm.

Also, I tried to run the motors a little just to check them out, throttle works fine but when moving the right stick(AIL/EL) the opposite motor spins up. F.ex when moving the stick to the right, the right motor spins up..shouldnt the left motor spin up since thats for tilting to the right? This is strange since in CLI the motor test works correctly i.e moving the stick to the right makes the left one spin up, but why not in real flight?

• Developer
    Which mode of transmitter do you have?  I have a mode 1 (so yaw+pitch are on the left, throttle+roll on the right) so I need to hold throttle (right stick) down and yaw (left stick) to the right to arm.
  • Try the "Reset Factory settings" (r in the CLI) and then recalibrate your max and min throttle settings. I had the same problem with the motors not wanting to arm and the factory reset fixed it.

-John

This reply was deleted.

Activity