Cesna Pixhawk Crashed in FBWA . Autopilot wrong???

Hello everyone.

Today I tried to fly a small Cessna 182 with pixhawk and everything seemed fine until I activated the FBWA mode. I started flying manually and take off  with difficulty because it is a little heavy, but when I thought   was stabilized I activated FWBA  and the aircraft went crashing to the ground. Reviewing the log I see that the commands I was sending to pixhawk were completely contrary to what I was doing with my radio.

I'm right ?? below the flight logs to see if someone can help me.

Thanks in advance

2014-09-04 12-04-44.bin

2014-09-04 12-04-44.kmz

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• MarkM
          Thanks for the information. Unfortunately when checking the control surfaces was in manual mode.

What other things should I check before starting the flight?

• The manual has a lot of good info - start here http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/table-of-contents/.  There are quite a few sections and it takes a while for it all to sink in (at least it did for me) so be prepared to go back a few times. 

This section covers channel reverse in your radio and in the APM s/w http://plane.ardupilot.com/wiki/arduplane-setup/first-time-apm-setu...

The "First Time Flying Checklist"  section includes the following statement (FBWA mode will work just like stabilize mode). 

BEFORE EVERY FLIGHT: Before you take off, hold your aircraft in your hands and switch to stabilize mode, then pitch and tilt the plane it to confirm that the control surfaces move the correct way to return it to level flight. (The ailerons and elevators will move; the rudder only coordinates turns with the ailerons in flight, so it won’t move much on the ground). This will ensure that you haven’t accidentally reversed a channel.

You should do this before every flight, just as you move your control surfaces with your RC transmitter to ensure that nothing’s reversed. Failing to do this is the #1 cause of crashes.

• ...."You should do this before every flight, just as you move your control surfaces with your RC transmitter to ensure that nothing’s reversed. Failing to do this is the #1 cause of crashes."...

Thank you

• I've made the same mistake with my rudder, was fine in manual but as I was coming in for landing in stabilise mode ground steer kicked in and constantly veered hard right. Was a silly mistake that I haven't repeated...... yet lol

Generally I check the surfaces in auto modes and manual, check lipo voltage and my alarm is set, quick throttle check while plane is restrained. Thats after a range check (varies between rc tx's), will then check fpv gear if im using any and lastly,  just fly the plane.

Have recently rebuilt my apm into my 1400 fms cessna 182 (dx8 crapped out on me, again!) Just finishing off the openlrsng install then back out for a maiden on 3.1 

• Dear:
              I have noticed a strange behavior when I put full right aileron up and right down. It is as if the signal is maintained for a while and then fell.

Is this a problem pixhawk ?. This happens even when I have it in manual mode.

Thank you

This is a link with a video to show the problem

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ih0vaqgwqb5u91n/2014-09-16%2014.21.44.mp4...

Dropbox - Error
              Dropbox is a free service that lets you bring your photos, docs, and videos anywhere and share them easily. Never email yourself a file again!
            • What about the autotune? I read that should be done during the first flight. (that was today's idea originally)

This reply was deleted.

Activity