T3

Change Yaw in Flight or at a Waypoint

How does one change Yaw while flying or when one gets to a waypoint.  I want to be able to point my hexcopter at the center of a circle while I fly around it.  I tried using "Yaw Ang" in the Waypoint within Flight Planner, but nothing happened.  My hex just changes it's yaw to the direction of flight to the next waypoint.  I then tried using Loiter_Time and setting the "Yaw Per" and that also did nothing.  Any ideas how this can be done?

Thanks,
Richard

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Tried it out yesterday, didn't work, but then realized the commands need to be sandwiched between waypoits. Will try tomorrow with proper syntax.

Thanks for the post as it might save me from going to a more expensive system! Already ordered a PX4 for my big octo. Currently testing on a Crius board with a MegaPiarateNG V2.9 R5.

Cheers,

Andy

• Sure, he we are. Very simple mission with two waypoints. That condition yaw command does nothing, Like being skipped.

test mission.txt

https://storage.ning.com/topology/rest/1.0/file/get/3692686955?profile=original
  • T3

Seems like I keep solving my own problems.  LOL.  Anyway thought I would share my solution just in case someone else might have the same problem.

What I ended up using was CONDITION_YAW and entered degrees under the Deg column.

So my flight plan looks like this.

1. DO_CHANGE_SPEED - speed m/s = 1  (I want to slow done my flight, I'm in no hurry)
    2. CONDITION_YAW - deg = 180  (I want to face south)
    3. WAYPOINT - Delay = 10  (Move to first way point and wait 10 seconds)
    4. CONITION_YAW - deg = 270  (I want to face west)
    5. WAYPOINT - Delay = 10  (Move to second way point and wait 10 seconds)
    6. CONDITION_YAW - deg = 0  (I want to face north)
    7. WAYPOINT - Delay = 10  (Move to first way point and wait 10 seconds)
    8. CONITION_YAW - deg = 90  (I want to face east)
    9. WAYPOINT - Delay = 10  (Move to second way point and wait 10 seconds)
    10. RETURN_TO_LAUNCH  (This does not work right, the copter tries to land at it's current way point, I believe Code 2.8 fixes this)  I normal take back manual control at this point.

Hope this help,
    Richard

This reply was deleted.

Activity