CLI Giving Garbage with APM 2.6 with 3.2 firmware

Has anyone else experienced this. I cannot get the CLI to work with my APM 2.6 with 3.2 firmware but it works perfectly with 3.1.5 or lower. Its weird because it semms to start ok but then starts giving garbage characters. Don't really need the CLI for much anymore but I thought it was still the preferred method for erasing the eeprom or is there another way?

Thanks,

iamwally

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• here is a screen shot...   click on terminal and all I get is junk....

mp.jpg

• I have the same issue.. posted a thread with a screen shot but the mods deleted it.  Trying again..ie: cycling the power does nothing

• Admin

@Curtis,

You were asked to post your second post with your original post as you were trying to make it a new topic.

Also, if you had searched the ArduCopter 3.2 Firmware Forum you would have found an answer to your MP CLI gibberish issue without having to post a new topic.

Regards,

TCIII Admin

• they were two different topics... and I DID search

and NOONE asked me to add it to my first post.

So...  if there is no more CLI..  how does one erase the EEPROM???

• I too do have to add the question how does one properly erase the eeprom? That is really the only thing I have not found equal for in MP.

Thanks,

iamwally

• to add to this... I hit enter 3 times.. and the data just keeps coming...  it will not stop unless I disconnect.

• In MP CLI is still available with 3.2. If you get a constant stream of "garbage" disconnect MP, restart MP, cycle power of the Pixhawk, and connect again. Then it should work.
  • I believe the CLI has been removed from 3.2 in order to free up some flash memory for other (more important) features and bug fixes.

This reply was deleted.

Activity