Warning #1: an issue has been found with Tower's Pause button which can cause the vehicle to fly to an old position if the vehicle has not sent a position update to Tower in some time.
Warning #2: Copter-3.3.2 fixes a bug found in Copter-3.3.1's desired climb rate initialisation which could lead to a sudden momentary drop when switching from Stabilize or Acro to AltHold, Loiter or PosHold.
Warning #3: Copter-3.3.2 fixes an issue found in Copter-3.3.1 which could lead to hard landings in RTL or AUTO if the WPNAV_SPEED_DN was set too high (i.e. >400 or 4m/s) and/or the WPNAV_ACCEL_Z was set too low (i.e. <100 or 1m/s/s).
Warning #4: a bug was found in Copter-3.3 which could cause a sudden crash if you abort a Take-off initiated from a ground station. Video description is here. The bug is fixed in Copter-3.3.1 so we recommend upgrading.
Note #1: AC3.3-rc8 corrected a long standing bug in the HDOP reporting. HDOP values will appear about 40% lower than previously but this does not actually mean the GPS position is better than before.
Note #2: if upgrading from AC3.2.1 the vehicle's accelerometer calibration needs to be done again.
Note #3: set SERIAL2_PROTOCOL to "3" and reboot the board to enable FrSky telemetry like in previous versions.
Note #4: the wiki will be updated over the next few weeks to explain how to use the new features
Copter-3.3.1 is available through the mission planner. The full list of changes vs AC3.2.1 can be see in the ReleaseNotes and below are the most recent changes since AC3.3.
Sadly this version (and all future versions) will not run on the APM2.x boards due to CPU speed, flash and RAM restrictions.
Changes from 3.3:
1) Bug fix to prevent potential crash if Follow-Me is used after an aborted takeoff
2) compiler upgraded to 4.9.3 (runs slightly faster than 4.7.2 which was used previously)
Changes from 3.3-rc11:
1) EKF recovers from pre-arm "Compass variance" failure if compasses are consistent
Changes from 3.3-rc10:
1) PreArm "Need 3D Fix" message replaced with detailed reason from EKF
Changes from 3.3-rc9
1) EKF improvements:
a) simpler optical flow takeoff check
2) Bug Fixes/Minor enhancements:
a) fix INS3_USE parameter eeprom location
b) fix SToRM32 serial protocol driver to work with recent versions
c) increase motor pwm->thrust conversion (aka MOT_THST_EXPO) to 0.65 (was 0.50)
d) Firmware version sent to GCS in AUTOPILOT_VERSION message
3) Safety:
a) pre-arm check of compass variance if arming in Loiter, PosHold, Guided
b) always check GPS before arming in Loiter (previously could be disabled if ARMING_CHECK=0)
c) sanity check locations received from GCS for follow-me, do-set-home, do-set-ROI
d) fix optical flow failsafe (was not always triggering LAND when optical flow failed)
e) failsafe RTL vs LAND decision based on hardcoded 5m from home check (previously used WPNAV_RADIUS parameter)
Thanks for your testing!
Replies
I understand that before AT process you can compare old and new pids turning on/off ch7/8 during the fligth and how pids are when you disarm are the saved pids (new with switch on or old with switch off) ; but before autotune I don't have enougth batt to many test so what I do is: first to save the old pids-autotune-change batt-test if I like it or reload the old ones (.....But my english is not warrantee so correct me if I'm in a mistake)
What I did the last time was use a dial on my TX for ch 7 then set the P the I and the D one by one by dialing in each one up until it's was too twitchy then just back it off a bit. Very cool.
I've never done it that way After AT finishes I switch to stab then land and then disarm. Pids are always saved for me. Though I still prefer to use Sw7 to turn on/off AT and whether or not I actually use the PIDS set by AT is a different discussion all together :)
Okay got it now.. thanks!
it sounds wrong,you just land and disarm ,and pids are saved..
Did you put the CH6 Opt on the Config/Tuning Page to "None" ?
I use Ch 7 and it doesn´t work unless i put CH7 Opt to "Do nothing".
Reuben, I migrated to M8N too from Lea6, I only put a cooper sheet little bigger than the unit, solder a ground wire to the cooper and plug in grn Pixhawk, I changed from 10 sats with Lea to 14 and them to 18-20 with the cooper but no extra config; did you check the wires? one time I had problems with a new one, good luck.
Hi Cala
I did make a small shield it was better but the main issue is high velocity bar and positions Horiz errors on the EKF viewer.. the 7M seems better. when i get the Horiz error copter shoots off to some else .. i have to be quick ...although once i let it continue and it did come back and continue the mission. Funny thing is the other machine is using a M8N no fancy mods at all and has done over a hundred missions no issue ..granted it is not running 3.3.2.
There seems to be a few of issues.
1 being you are not waiting long enough after powering up to let all the sensors and GPS settle down before flying.
2nd being you are flying too low and running a mission.
3rd your craft seems highly under powered and is struggling to maintain altitude.
My trouble seems to be around this Horiz Variance message . . what is it where does it come from, gps or compass .. or accel's.?.I note i do see a volcity bar goo a bit too high once or twice in the replay too ?
-
33
-
34
-
35
-
36
-
37
of 449 Next