Warning #1: an issue has been found with Tower's Pause button which can cause the vehicle to fly to an old position if the vehicle has not sent a position update to Tower in some time.
Warning #2: Copter-3.3.2 fixes a bug found in Copter-3.3.1's desired climb rate initialisation which could lead to a sudden momentary drop when switching from Stabilize or Acro to AltHold, Loiter or PosHold.
Warning #3: Copter-3.3.2 fixes an issue found in Copter-3.3.1 which could lead to hard landings in RTL or AUTO if the WPNAV_SPEED_DN was set too high (i.e. >400 or 4m/s) and/or the WPNAV_ACCEL_Z was set too low (i.e. <100 or 1m/s/s).
Warning #4: a bug was found in Copter-3.3 which could cause a sudden crash if you abort a Take-off initiated from a ground station. Video description is here. The bug is fixed in Copter-3.3.1 so we recommend upgrading.
Note #1: AC3.3-rc8 corrected a long standing bug in the HDOP reporting. HDOP values will appear about 40% lower than previously but this does not actually mean the GPS position is better than before.
Note #2: if upgrading from AC3.2.1 the vehicle's accelerometer calibration needs to be done again.
Note #3: set SERIAL2_PROTOCOL to "3" and reboot the board to enable FrSky telemetry like in previous versions.
Note #4: the wiki will be updated over the next few weeks to explain how to use the new features
Copter-3.3.1 is available through the mission planner. The full list of changes vs AC3.2.1 can be see in the ReleaseNotes and below are the most recent changes since AC3.3.
Sadly this version (and all future versions) will not run on the APM2.x boards due to CPU speed, flash and RAM restrictions.
Changes from 3.3:
1) Bug fix to prevent potential crash if Follow-Me is used after an aborted takeoff
2) compiler upgraded to 4.9.3 (runs slightly faster than 4.7.2 which was used previously)
Changes from 3.3-rc11:
1) EKF recovers from pre-arm "Compass variance" failure if compasses are consistent
Changes from 3.3-rc10:
1) PreArm "Need 3D Fix" message replaced with detailed reason from EKF
Changes from 3.3-rc9
1) EKF improvements:
a) simpler optical flow takeoff check
2) Bug Fixes/Minor enhancements:
a) fix INS3_USE parameter eeprom location
b) fix SToRM32 serial protocol driver to work with recent versions
c) increase motor pwm->thrust conversion (aka MOT_THST_EXPO) to 0.65 (was 0.50)
d) Firmware version sent to GCS in AUTOPILOT_VERSION message
3) Safety:
a) pre-arm check of compass variance if arming in Loiter, PosHold, Guided
b) always check GPS before arming in Loiter (previously could be disabled if ARMING_CHECK=0)
c) sanity check locations received from GCS for follow-me, do-set-home, do-set-ROI
d) fix optical flow failsafe (was not always triggering LAND when optical flow failed)
e) failsafe RTL vs LAND decision based on hardcoded 5m from home check (previously used WPNAV_RADIUS parameter)
Thanks for your testing!
Replies
No, it doesn't.
I think this is it but sadly I don't know what to do with that .hex file... :[ compile?? http://firmware.ardupilot.org/Copter/2015-12/2015-12-18-10:12/PX4-q...
You have a flight mode err, you solve it?
Hi Group,
I am experiencing high Y values compare to X when plotting with FW333 Vibe feature.
I am trying to gain understanding why and which possible solutions.
Without repeating myself, I have made the original post with all the details and files here -
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/vibe-xok-ybad-imu-problem
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/vibe-xok-ybad-imu-problemhttp://
Is there someone here with whom to open a discussion re my percieved problem?
or can you please point me in the right direction as to why the Y-param is so much than X
and what I can do to investigate the source of this perceived problem further or solve it?
Thanks for your valued input.
Gerhard
Cape Town, South Africa
Gerhard,
The Y values are certainly much higher. maybe something is bouncing into the board. In any case, they're not so bad that it won't fly though I think. Below 20m/s/s is within the acceptable range so unless you're seeing problems in flight, I wouldn't worry too much.
Hi Randy,
Following-up on my results and possible solution, as per recommendation from Vesselin,
herewith the current thread link - http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ac3-3-vibration-logging-discussio...
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ac3-3-vibration-logging-discussio...
btw - Can you advise progress and possible release-date for Copter 3.4 ?
Regards,
Gerhard
Cape Town, South Africa
Hi All,
Thanks for your feedback.
The craft 'appears' to fly ok in stbls, altH,PosH even though the Y-axis is 'off'.
btw, just to be sure, the Y-axis indicates vibrations in the side-to-side movement
and NOT Front/Nose-to-Back movement? Please correct me if I am wrong here?
I am going to continue this discussion in the link hereunder, so if you any furhter contributions,
I will appreciate it if you can follow the link -
http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ac3-3-vibration-logging-discussio...
In this Link I have loaded Build-pics
Thanks everyone, I am looking forward to your valued and experienced input
in order for me to learn and grow my knowledge to enjoy this most interesting technology.
Gerhard
Randy is right as usual, but he is a brave man ;-)
I am not and would like a calm controller...
I sent you reply in the other thread: too much Y vibrations.
Here is my S900 with AP3.3 on Pixraptor in "War of drones ;-)"
-
8
-
9
-
10
-
11
-
12
of 449 Next