Developer

Copter-3.3 beta testing

Warning #1: an issue has been found with Tower's Pause button which can cause the vehicle to fly to an old position if the vehicle has not sent a position update to Tower in some time.

Warning #2: Copter-3.3.2 fixes a bug found in Copter-3.3.1's desired climb rate initialisation which could lead to a sudden momentary drop when switching from Stabilize or Acro to AltHold, Loiter or PosHold.

Warning #3: Copter-3.3.2 fixes an issue found in Copter-3.3.1 which could lead to hard landings in RTL or AUTO if the WPNAV_SPEED_DN was set too high (i.e. >400 or 4m/s) and/or the WPNAV_ACCEL_Z was set too low (i.e. <100 or 1m/s/s).

Warning #4: a bug was found in Copter-3.3 which could cause a sudden crash if you abort a Take-off initiated from a ground station.  Video description is here.  The bug is fixed in Copter-3.3.1 so we recommend upgrading.

Note #1: AC3.3-rc8 corrected a long standing bug in the HDOP reporting.  HDOP values will appear about 40% lower than previously but this does not actually mean the GPS position is better than before.
Note #2: if upgrading from AC3.2.1 the vehicle's accelerometer calibration needs to be done again.
Note #3: set SERIAL2_PROTOCOL to "3" and reboot the board to enable FrSky telemetry like in previous versions.
Note #4: the wiki will be updated over the next few weeks to explain how to use the new features

Copter-3.3.1 is available through the mission planner.  The full list of changes vs AC3.2.1 can be see in the ReleaseNotes and below are the most recent changes since AC3.3.

Sadly this version (and all future versions) will not run on the APM2.x boards due to CPU speed, flash and RAM restrictions.

Changes from 3.3:

1) Bug fix to prevent potential crash if Follow-Me is used after an aborted takeoff

2) compiler upgraded to 4.9.3 (runs slightly faster than 4.7.2 which was used previously)

Changes from 3.3-rc11:

1) EKF recovers from pre-arm "Compass variance" failure if compasses are consistent

Changes from 3.3-rc10:

1) PreArm "Need 3D Fix" message replaced with detailed reason from EKF

Changes from 3.3-rc9
1) EKF improvements:
    a) simpler optical flow takeoff check
2) Bug Fixes/Minor enhancements:
    a) fix INS3_USE parameter eeprom location
    b) fix SToRM32 serial protocol driver to work with recent versions
    c) increase motor pwm->thrust conversion (aka MOT_THST_EXPO) to 0.65 (was 0.50)
    d) Firmware version sent to GCS in AUTOPILOT_VERSION message
3) Safety:
    a) pre-arm check of compass variance if arming in Loiter, PosHold, Guided
    b) always check GPS before arming in Loiter (previously could be disabled if ARMING_CHECK=0)
    c) sanity check locations received from GCS for follow-me, do-set-home, do-set-ROI
    d) fix optical flow failsafe (was not always triggering LAND when optical flow failed)
    e) failsafe RTL vs LAND decision based on hardcoded 5m from home check (previously used WPNAV_RADIUS parameter)

Thanks for your testing!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Developer

Hi Aleksey,

There is a difference between Alt_Hold and Autotune flight modes in the way it behaves.

Randy is fixing this now and we hope this should fix your problem.

Thanks for your input!!!

• Developer

Hi Aleksey,

We will check to make sure that the copter will disarm in autotune if autotune has not finished.

I am the person responsible for autotune and have done an amazing amount of autotunes testing it. Autotune defiantly disarms once it has finished. However, I am not sure if it disarms when it has not finished.

If you find the results of autotune have not worked well for you, can you please provide a log of the autotune and a log of the test flight.

Thanks for your feedback and input!!

• 1. OSD: I use Cuav MinimOSD with r800 FW and Mavlink setting.

RSSI Problem. In MP in tab Status I see RXRSSI is 90. Ok, RSSI in Pix is transfer.
            Good. And in OSD RSSI is 0. Why?

Settings in Pix on RSSI: RSSI_PIN=103, RSSI_RANGE=3.3.
            In 3.2.1 FW no problem with RSSI on my octa.
            May be SR2_* params need correcting?

2. OSD: Sometimes (i don't understand relation) Armed icon -> # on right from
            STAB# or ALTH# dublicate in place first letter current flight mode,
            in result I see: #TAB# or #LTH#.

3. Transfer logs in MP 1.3.28 from USB - problem on big logs. For example, 15mb log, i
            connect PIX to USB. In begin bytes transfer i see in MP - 200-300kb in sec first 2-3min.
            Ok, download 7mb for ~3 mins. I select task log download from 10 minute and I see
            speed - 500-1000 BYTES IN SEC!!! On modems (433, 915mhz) situation same.
            Why speed very low after a while to download large log?

4. MP is loaded and disconnect from port 30 (USB PIX). Select port 30. Good. I connecting
            Pix to USB, wait for load brain and press Connect in MP and i see connect error. Ok.
            I press on comport dropdownbox, select port 30 -> click -> Connect -> connect is good!
            This is BUG I've been watching. Trifle, but unpleasant.

5. AutoAnalysis on all my logs in archive say: first alert "System exit" <ok>, second alert
            "Bad input file" <ok>. "Review a log" work with this *.bin's.

My tuning yesterday log http://rghost.ru/89SYbbbnJ  8.5mb. Password "zxc". This forum max 7mb accept attach.

PS. I have 7 logs from tuning session. Need? I can sent to you.

• Hi Leonard!

Until shake logs, mini my comment:

There is a third hour of downloading the 15-meter log ... How? .. :) No, not via a modem through USB. Why is the third hour?! Probably some kind of bug. :) IMHO. Later I will write more in detail as the logs spool.

PS. In console i see this now:

------

INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13263120 180
            bps 1831 loss 4357 left 136 mem 57.3515625
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13263210 90
            bps 2007 loss 4357 left 0 mem 57.2578125
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13263390 180
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13264110 270
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13264470 90
            bps 2384 loss 4357 left 0 mem 57.279296875
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13264650 1530
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13264740 270
            bps 3222 loss 4357 left 238 mem 57.4443359375
            bps 3222 loss 4357 left 133 mem 57.4443359375
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - 1 lost pkts new seqno 230 pkts lost 2
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - 1 lost pkts new seqno 231 pkts lost 2
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13264830 90
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13265280 90
            bps 2146 loss 4359 left 0 mem 57.291015625
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13266270 360
            bps 2423 loss 4359 left 0 mem 57.3173828125
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13266360 270
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13266900 360
            bps 2183 loss 4359 left 32 mem 57.287109375
            INFO MissionPlanner.MAVLinkInterface - req missing 13266990 180

-----------

pps. load cpu my comp 30%.

• Vitashchi SD card i kachay s neyo....  

• Russian translit:

V resultate tak i sdelal cherez 4 chasa kogda vernulsya k compu. :) Ochen' ne hotel razbirat' copter iz-za loga. No pincet i dlinnogubcy s tonkoy otvertroy i fonarem v zubah pozvolili sdelat' etu operaciy. =))

English:

As a result, after 4 hours both returned to the computer and saw the sad process - all turned and pulled out the SD card. It did not want to disassemble the copter so rocked via USB. But most "medical" tool to help remove the card, without unscrewing the cap. :)

• Sorry bro, forgot another helpful thing - using a different USB cable and/or twisting the pixhawk usb/led adapter wires separately from each other i.e. usb data+vcc+gnd together and i2c data+vcc+gnd  in a different batch. 

• I LED special no connecting in system. I2C only compass.

If cable bad - on first secs speed would be low. Cable is good.

• Hello,

I've tried Autotune with my hexacopter running 3.3.RC3 and it all went well. Now I tried RC5 and suddenly autotune did not finish all axes, just roll and pitch and did not save the values anyway after switched off. Futhermore I'm getting warning "Error compass variance" any time I run more then 10% of throttle. I've recalibrated compass on Pixhawk and I know I have high offsets for internal compass. But I use Zubax GPS with own compass and this one is working fine, low offsets only. So I wonder why I get this warning..

Thanks.

• Developer

Hi Michal,

How long it takes to complete autotune may vary depending on a number of factors. You can do 1 or 2 axis at a time by setting the autotune bitmask, AUTOTUNE_AXES.

Sorry I can't help you with the variance issue.

This reply was deleted.

Activity