Copter crashed! I need help to find out why

Hi,

3 days ago I had a bad crash. Copter Crash (the crash happens at about 5:20).

One can hear a beeping sound at 4:42 and I only can imagine it being at least 2 ESCs.

My Setup is:

Well its a complete selfmade copter. Weight about 2.4 kg and a flighttime of about 13 mins (aggressive style)... so really a good one.

- LiPo 5000 mAh Hacker 4S 20 C

- Motors: Torxpower 4 x 
http://www.quadcopters.co.uk/mt2814-11-torxpower-3536-pro-heavy-lift-motor-710kv-124-p.asp

- Board: APM 2.6 with GPS and Powermodule

- Frame: Very Vibrationfree Aluminium- Carbon frame. Very Solid!!

- ESCs: 4x Turnigy plush 30 Amp

- Servo stabilized Gimbal with Nikon AW110

Now how it happened. I started with a full throttle up for 25 seconds and turned on GPS hold. Maybe not the best idea(25 secs full throttle)... Then I made some turns and started to descend in GPS hold. At a lower altitude I switched in Stabilize and flew some aggressive turns with switching flightmodes at one point I think but went back to stabilize. And then the desaster happened! After a fast turn the copter started to do saltos with no warnings before (I couldnt see anything weird). I tried to switch it in GPS hold and gave more throttle, because I thought that if i lowered it I would crash definitely. Well I crashed either way. I guess that my front Motors cut off power and my rear throttled up pretty much so I got the fast saltos.

I do really need help and suggestions, please!!! I just wanted to open a one man company (in Germany) to sell pictures and had everything set (insurance for the copter, flight permission etc. etc.) and I definitely want to presume this plan but really dont want to happen this again! 

Thanks a lot! And I might need help with the logs (once I tried to get them but I failed, so after the crash I didnt power up the APM in order to not loose the logs). Can someone guide me through getting the logs and then go through them with me? That would be really great!

3691108596?profile=original

It was such a great copter!!!!! 13 mins aggressive flight time with 2.4 Kg!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hmm. Well I did this often with throttle 0 but never did the quad go into failsafe. Thats because I had to trim the radio down in order to arm it(otherwise I cant arm the APM) and configured it that if my transmitter looses signal it goes beneath my throttle 0 and triggers the failsafe

• no danger in powering up, just follow the istrutcions and post .log from that flight.

• It sounds like a mechanical or electrical failure, but without seeing a log that's just speculation. I doubt you'll get any useful help here until you can post a log.

The steps involved in downloading and examining logs are fully covered here.

This reply was deleted.

Activity