CSGShop NEO-M8N is giving PM errors??

Today I did a test flight before doing a mission. After switching to poshold, it began behaving erratically, twitching and drifting. I was able to land, but puzzled because there were no errors from the GCS.

Running auto analysis, it gave these results?

Size (kb) 8554.380859375
No of lines 114684
Duration 6 days, 22:11:00
Vehicletype ArduCopter
Firmware Version V3.2
Firmware Hash c8e0f3e1
Hardware Type
Free Mem 0
Skipped Lines 1

Test: Autotune = UNKNOWN - No ATUN log data
Test: Balance/Twist = GOOD -
Test: Brownout = GOOD -
Test: Compass = GOOD - mag_field interference within limits (8.12%)

Test: Dupe Log Data = GOOD -
Test: Empty = GOOD -
Test: Event/Failsafe = GOOD -
Test: GPS = FAIL - Min satellites: 0, Max HDop: 99.99
Test: IMU Mismatch = GOOD - (Mismatch: 0.62, WARN: 0.75, FAIL: 1.50)
Test: Parameters = GOOD -
Test: PM = FAIL - 17 slow loop lines found, max 7.20% on line 108374
Test: Pitch/Roll = GOOD -
Test: Thrust = GOOD -
Test: VCC = GOOD -

The logs show no GPS problems (Nsat and hdop) so I don't get it. Is this a communication problem with the GPS unit? Possible wiring issues?

6hNJO8J.png

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• THX

• Honestly I can't answer your latter part of the question.  I bought this for testing of EMI shield and Ground Plane design.  There is no compass on this model but that's ok for me as this will be installed internal to my OctoQuad's clam shell and my Lea-6H with compass will be on a mast external and elevated with compass as primary and GPS as secondary to the NEO-M8T.

• I think I have same problem here, today I did a test flight, from Stabilize mode then switch to Loiter, and then switch to RTL, the copter going down with high speed and crash. This is the log from auto analysis :

3701983294?profile=original

• There was a Failsafe issue.

The PM = Fail is what Randy referred to as a "red herring", meaning a non-issue.

It's best if you post the log file to identify what happened.

• Please find attached the log file.

Thank you.

2015-04-16 15-26-44.bin

• Akhmat,

The GPS HDOP was above 2.5 most of the time, but I think the root cause of your crash was low battery voltage. It went below 11v very quickly after takeoff, and then probably one or more cells dropped below 3v and may have triggered ESC to soft cut shut off, thereby causing one or more motors to lose power, and down she goes. Have you tried to recharge the battery?

Notice ThrOut going way up, then drops rapidly.

Also, do you have RTL set to 0 for a good reason?

5mI0sxR.png

• I had a similar problem  the other day. Battery F/S didn't trigger (probably operator error, but whatever) and no sensors hooked up, so the battery depleted and went down. Fortunately it was only 4-5 ft up, so no damage.

Note the similar pattern; dropping voltage, ThrOut going way up, then drops rapidly. The battery is now in the trash.

gSjavzf.png

• What is with the power spikes showing up on the Volt R line at 2.06 second intervals and the throttle spikes (possibly related to VOLT R spikes) showing up at 2.3 second intervals?  Something is a miss with this readout.

• Oh, LOL.....it was in Auto Tune mode.

• Ok, that makes sense then.

This reply was deleted.

Activity