Replies

• I ended up installing UDB in my fairly new Multiplex Mentor. I flew the plane with UDB in stabilized mode for the first time this afternoon. I couldn't be more pleased with how the flight went. The Mentor is already a good plane, and with UDB it is rock solid. Very stable. Good product, guys.

Tony

• Pete, I followed the steps you recommended. Everything seems to be in operational order. My first time through was a little confusing, but I just followed the programming guide and the notes I took. No error messages during the build. Now I need to install it in a plane and start ground tests. Thanks for all the advice.

Tony 

• Dear William Premerlani,

Could LPR430L and LPY330ALH gyros and MAA7361 accelero be used in Gentlenav ( UAVDEVboard) ?

Thanks in advance with best regards

Nick Arsow

• All of my hardware has now arrived: UDBv3, EM-406A, OpenLog, and PicKit2. I installed MPLAB and the C compiler with no problems. I doubt I'll get to the actual hardware setup this week, because I still have a lot of reading of user guides to do. However, I don't recall seeing anything yet that states whether all components should be attached before initializing UDB, or if the process should be done by initializing UDB first, then add one component at a time. Any recommendations?

Tony

• Doing a bit of reading in the UDB instructions last night. After installing the Pic drivers, it said to power up UDB before plugging the programmer into UDB. I thought I had read somewhere that UDB can get its power from the PicKit USB connection. I'm still searching the forums and wiki, but Is there a preferred method?

Tony

• I think I messed up. My new UAV DevBoard arrived today. I didn't read deep enough into the instruction site before buying the GPS, and I ordered the D2523T from Sparkfun, thinking it was OK because it also used the u-Blox 5 engine. Then I saw that it wasn't supported, but the u-Blox 407 is. Unfortunately, everyone seems to be out of the u-Blox 407, and some of the comments I've read about the EM-406 say it has a slow response time. Does the D2523T absolutely not work with the DevBoard? If not, I'll have to get an RMA and send the D2523T back. And if I have to do that, which would be a better replacement, EM-406 or Mediatek?

Tony
  • Hi All,

I need some help, I want to know if there is a way to see the coding structure flow diagram or some information as to how the code was set up. I want to attach a pressure sensor to the UAV V3 because I want to improve the accuracy of the altitude readings because we are flying closer to the ground possibly less then 60m. The problem is I dont know how or what to change to use the pressure sensor reading for the altitude measurements rather than the GPS. Is this a big job and would it possible with the new code and UDB 3?

Thank you!

• I just bought the new UDB3 version.

Can anybody elaborate a bit on what are the steps necessary to have it communicate over RS232 and which softwares does it support?

Is some specific flag necessary during compiling?

The hardware connection doesn't bother me, it's the software that is unclear.

•  Hi,

Will there be an option on the next version of this board (Version 4) to include a magnatometer, such as MAG3011 or a board, such as, http://www.futureelectronics.com/en/technologies/development-tools/...  either as primary, secondary or option?   If this was discussed earlier, I missed it. 

The MAG3011 chip is about $2 plus shipping in quantity one from freescale.com OEM.  The "fact sheet" is: http://www.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/fact_sheet/MAG3110FS.pdf  and the "data sheet" is: http://cache.freescale.com/files/sensors/doc/data_sheet/MAG3110.pdf...  

As a SMT chip, a daughter board may be necessary.

Cheers,

John Galczynski

• Hello everyone,

I am trying to get my UAV Dev Board v3 going.  So far I have the following:

The green LED (Stat1) goes on to indicate communication with RC tx.

The GPS is functional, verified by viewing telemetry data with SERIAL_DEBUG feature.

The red LED (Stat2) switches between off, on and blinking while changing the three way switch status.  This indicates that the board is correctly switching between modes.

When in stablised mode the ailerons are functional, but the elevator doesn't do anything.  When I pitch, the elevator is completely still.

Could someone please give me a hint of where I should be looking in the code?  (Presumably it's something in options.h that I am missing.)

Thank you and regards

Tinus

This reply was deleted.

Activity