Dashware looks to be a pretty nice tool for overlaying telemetry/log data onto HD video.

It was recently acquired by GoPro and is now free to download and use.

http://www.dashware.net/dashware-download/

It doesn't have built-in support for APM log files for some reason, only through something called "flytrex".

There are a few videos on youtube where people say they used their own method to convert APM logs to Dashware data (it can operate on .CSV files) so It should be pretty straight-forward, but I don't want to spend a bunch of time on this if someone else already has a tool or script.

Please share if you know where such a thing is available.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• this one is not working, same error as electronics inc below, for sure it is a release issue, and the parser should work with older release of APM logs. Too bad.

• I was able to use the gpx file created by mission planner as an input to dashware, it worked but has very less info, just speed, altitude and total flight pattern, I've seen videos on youtube where people have managed to put more info from the dataflash log or bin file

• I haven't tried it, but I think this may be just what we're looking for:

https://github.com/OverloadUT/apm-dashware

OverloadUT/apm-dashware
    Collection of scripts for getting APM flight logs to play nice with Dashware - OverloadUT/apm-dashware
    • tried...but it give an error

python sdlog2_dump2.py "logapm.bin" -f test.csv -m GPS -m ATT -m NTUN -m CTUN -m MODE -m CURR

Traceback (most recent call last):
      File "sdlog2_dump2.py", line 154, in
      _main()
      File "sdlog2_dump2.py", line 79, in _main
      (columns, rows) = parser.process(filename)
      File "sdlog2parser.py", line 116, in process
      self.__parseMsgDescr()
      File "

sdlog2parser.py", line 187, in __parseMsgDescr
      raise Exception("Unsupported format char: %s in message %s (%i)" % (c, msg_name, msg_type))
      Exception: Unsupported format char: d in message GRAW (171)

• Try a log file instead of a bin.
        • Using a .log file, the output is an empty file :(

• me too....

This reply was deleted.

Activity