My drone  flies well in stabilized  mode but when in loiter it gets jerky and somewhat noisy. It still flies, but not like I would like. I have changed flight controllers, GPS's and motors not the Q-brain ESC. There is no issue until I go to loiter or RTL. It has to be a setting in Mission planner but I cant find the answer. when I remove the Tiger MN4110 370kv motors and put Turunigy 4425 390kv it flies perfect. The extra weight or something is making the set up not fly well.

Any suggestions are appriciated.

Rob

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I was wondering if the input to the ESC has a separate parameters one from stabilize another to control Loiter or GPS assisted modes?
    Rob Summers said:

In Stabilized mode the throttle is below 50%, in Loiter 50% holds the drone at same altitude

Craig said:

Initial views of the log don't turn up a lot of issues. Your vibs are a "tad" high but within specs though personally I'd work on bringing them down some. I do see some long loop issues, but that may be because of all of the excessive logging.

When you hover using stabalize where is your throttle stick at on your radio? Above 50%, below 50%, or right @  50%?

• In Stabilized mode the throttle is below 50%, in Loiter 50% holds the drone at same altitude

Craig said:

Initial views of the log don't turn up a lot of issues. Your vibs are a "tad" high but within specs though personally I'd work on bringing them down some. I do see some long loop issues, but that may be because of all of the excessive logging.

When you hover using stabalize where is your throttle stick at on your radio? Above 50%, below 50%, or right @  50%?

• Initial views of the log don't turn up a lot of issues. Your vibs are a "tad" high but within specs though personally I'd work on bringing them down some. I do see some long loop issues, but that may be because of all of the excessive logging.

• Thanks Craig, I am not good with file downloads but I tried. I put an 8000mAp battery on today which helped a little. maybe the extra torque of the T-motors are causing the issue. I am using a 3DR Pixhawk not a clone or PX4 Pilot( I put one on this quad and had the same issue). I use a Q-Brain 4x25 and the latest M8N GPS. If I didnt send the proper logs let me know and I will try again.

Rob

Craig said:

jerky Loiter and Alt-hold is pretty much always either bad vibs and or EMF issues.

Enable all logging. Fly it up to about 10+ meters and hold there for about 30 seconds. Switch to Alt-Hold and hover about 30 seconds more and the switch to loiter and again hover for about 30 seconds. Land, disarm and then download your dataflash logs from the hawk and attach your logs to a reply here and we can take a look see and find out what your issues are.

2016-07-21 11-16-55.log

• Hi Rob,

I had similar experience on a 650 quad with pixhawk. (AUW 3kg)

Vib results were not good

I added a ~24g lead underneath the fc, which resulted in good vib results

and the percieved 'jerky-squeeky-noisy' issues were resolved.

I hope it helps you as well.

Gerhard

• Have you calibrated the mag?  The acceleromter?  How do you have the FC mounted?  Which FC?

Also, if you've done all the above, if you change motors and it flies wrong, it's likely because the PIDs are now not valid.  You change the drive method on the quad and it will need tuning.

• jerky Loiter and Alt-hold is pretty much always either bad vibs and or EMF issues.

Enable all logging. Fly it up to about 10+ meters and hold there for about 30 seconds. Switch to Alt-Hold and hover about 30 seconds more and the switch to loiter and again hover for about 30 seconds. Land, disarm and then download your dataflash logs from the hawk and attach your logs to a reply here and we can take a look see and find out what your issues are.

This reply was deleted.

Activity