Drift of the control signal.

Situation:

V2.033 simple mode, small wind from left side. I'm holding stick a little bit left to compensate wind. but hexacopter again is slowly drifting right. after some time I'm pushing stick to left limit, but aircraft can't fly left. So I must turn 180 deg to fly back. 
This slow drift of the neutral position is achievable in any direction while I'm pushing control stick.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Got another receiver, no more control freezings. V2.038 is installed. Same problem exist: In simple mode it it very dangerous to try to compensate wind by transmitter, you slowly must push stick more and more until limit is reached and model can not fly that way any more.

• May be this problem is linked with another problem in my configuration - control signal freezing. discussion thread http://diydrones.com/forum/topics/ppm-encoder-cause-of-channel ?
  • one more moment: when drift of the control signal exist, camera stabilizator is working normally (camera is in horizontal position always).
    This has been an issue for a long, long time on my board. I know attempts have been made in code to change this, but it persists on my machine. I actually ran out of "forward" stick while flying this weekend (just lazy forward flight- no aggression). It seems odd that if "level" is stored, why isn't that referred to when I stop input to level the copter, or referenced to ensure that my input isn't slowly cancelled out? (That may be, but I don't see it) I am thankful for the efforts so far, but this needs some brainstorming.  :)
  • Developer

And be sure to try and reduce vibrations to the APM. 

Jason

• sorry, not simple, but stable mode
This reply was deleted.

Activity