Electricity generator for my project

Hi there,Currently I am planning to make a new wind turbine. I am using a 12V DC motor to run the turbine and it will generate electricity. I have a 12V to 240Vac (DC TO AC) inverter which i made myself after doing some research in the internet.Now I have two points(output) at the output of the transformer. I am planning to connect a blower to blow the wind turbine which will continuously generate electricity. So , at one point of the transformer, I will connect my blower and the other point , it will go to the load ( for my own use )So , will this work in practical ?Any ideas or suggestions about this project ?thanks in advance.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you very much sir ,

I really appreciate your feedback

@Dwgsparky +1

@Sgt Ric 

Thank you, electricity is my world.! I design electric vehicles.

• Bottom line is perpetual motion machines - do not work!

When I was a high school student in a new school in my first meeting of the science club I went and sat in back.

One kid proposed a perpetual motion machine which worked by having water evaporate which condensed and drove a water wheel.

After listening to half a dozen of the brighter ones declare that it could never work because it was a perpetual motion machine and the losses would stop it I couldn't take it any longer and said:

It would work fine, it is powered by the sun, it is not a perpetual motion machine.

I dropped out of the science club after that.

• :)

• In that case, it isn't perpetual motion. There is a secondary source of energy... the sun... evaporating the water. I doubt it would work in practice since you probably couldn't evaporate water fast enough with the sun to create the flow volume needed to spin a generator.  But none the less, it certainly isn't perpetual motion.

If he suggested using a water wheel generator to drive a pump to pump the water to spin the water wheel, that certainly would be and wouldn't work.

• Actually Peddles,

It does work and we use it every day - we call it rain and that pretty much drives all the Dam Hydroelectric systems in the world.

Of course, it isn't perpetual motion it is a solar engine, in this case a solar weather engine.

Neither the numbskull who thought of the water evaporating and and condensing turning a water wheel nor the greatest and brightest of Evanston High school (I was a freshman at the time) could figure out that this wasn't a perpetual motion machine.

Even the science teacher who chaired the whole thing seemed a little slow on the uptake, although in fairness, he may have just been giving them time to figure it out.

This was over 50 years ago, I'm sure it's better now - God I hope so.

Best,

Gary

Oh, it would be terrific if a solar engine, or a water wheel, or a electrical generator, could be a perpetual motion machine. The world would be a very different place if one existed, but sadly, that's not possible.

That's not to say that in the future, by some miracle, one is invented, but that would mean that the problem of loss had been overcome. 

Theoretically impossible.

Perhaps I misunderstand, but surely you are not suggesting a closed-loop system?  

This reply was deleted.

Activity