ESC calibration using mission planner

Merry Christmas everyone,

I am building an octocopter using pixhawk as flight controller and I am having some issues buying an RC transmitter and receiver set. I have the telemetry kit for pixhawk from 3DR and I was wondering if I can use that along with the mission planner to calibrate my ECS's

Thank you.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies

• You don't need mission planner to calibrate the ESCs

Calibrate ESC

and video

• Hey Craig,

Thanks for the reply. What I meant to say that I dont have an RC transmitter and receiver and I wanted to know if there is a way to calibrate my ESCs using just the mission planner and the telemetry kit from 3DR.

• Mission planner does now offer a way to calibrate your ESCS but how can it calibrate to your endpoints if you do not have endpoints to calibrate to? 

Wait until you get your Transmitter and RX before worrying about calibrating your ESCS or if you really are in a hurry to play around with it just get a cheap Servo Tester like these and you can do the same thing. Just set the dial all the way up which is the same as if you pushed your throttle to 100% and then lower to 0 and wait for the beeps :)

• Thanks Craig. That was helpful

This reply was deleted.

Activity