ESC Getting hot? Ideas?

I noticed my copter tilting backwards, while it's leveled correcty. So it needs correcting all the time while flying. But now I have an idea what's causing the problem. The ESC that's controlling the motor on the back is getting more hot than the others during normal load, the difference is significant. There is someting wrong there... The motor doest NOT get hot.

My setup can be seen as 'standard'.

So faulty ESC, any ideas?

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

In a twin motor plane of mine that's had some 189 flights, I use both BEC's from the ESC's in parallel for 5v power for the Rx so the current is being shared. In my application the current draw is relatively low (4 servo's and 3 servoless retracts) however I have had no problems whatsoever running the two BEC's in parallel.

Could the 4 BEC's in a quad be shared?

• I have the same issue that the one ESC BEC supplying power to the APM gets quite hot. Its nearly hot enough you cant hold it and I haven't even fully loaded it up yet. Is there a better way to supply power to the APM  without adding another power supply/battery from the existing battery? My battery is 4s 3300mH

• I noticed that the ESC driving the APM gets hotter in my setup.

Now I run the APM on a separate powersupply.

• My attitude is buy higher amp than needed and configure to limit engine amps so that the engine never gets near the top amps draw of the engine controller.

• Developer

Bearings going bad? Do you have a watt meter to check? More friction = more current = hot ESC...

This reply was deleted.

Activity