Follow Me Function

Hey everyone, I've been flying enough now that I'm ready to build my first quad. Are there any follow-me function tools that are not GPS? I want my quad to shoot selfie video while I ride my skateboard, but GPS isn't going to be a good option around buildings. Any suggestions would awesome. Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• That wifi copter is pretty sweet, though. It doesn't say much about how it works. Am planning to email/call and find out. Will let you guys know.

• I'm trying to figure out something that doesn't use GPS because I might be going into outdoor places where sky visibility won't always be great. I'm wracking my brain over ideas (infrared?) and just haven't been able to come up with anything. 

• Check out the YS-X8-P. Was just watching some video on it and it looks pretty sick. It works off wifi from android and ios based phones, fully autonomous and has a "follow me" function.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAv_oFUUjAA

• You mean visual sensor follow me? Have you tried the GPS follow me from Andropilot? The update is all 2 seconds... not sure how fast you ride your skateboard... dont put the copter on "head" hight... put it above house/tree level... with wide angle on a gopro.. should be kinda easy. Before you go follow me on a skateboard... build and test the quad... and more important... DONT fly it over people.. where ever you skateboard.. I hope you are alone.. and dont forget to have a fire extinguisher around too.

I just had a flaming 6S 8000mah... people dont think about emergency backup at all.. flying in urban areas.. can cost you more than you think as soon as you torch a house... or even worse.. if you wanna skate in a remote skateboard park :) have fun.. rest... please think about the safety of the people around you.

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…