Garbage output mixed in w/ overlay MinimOSD

Here's what I'm running:

GoPro

MinimOSD w/ ArduCAMOSD_19_MAV10.hex

APM2 w/ 2.6

It _sort of_ works...in that it works fine, but in areas where there is NO overlay activity, there are garbage characters overlaid.

When I power up the OSD, at first I get a clear video feed, then as soon as OSD starts to boot, I see this garbage anywhere there isn't OSD generated overlay.  Everything else works fine. 

I've re-updated the firmware, and even tried dumping on the newest .mcm charset I could find, which made no difference.  I'm NTSC but I've tried the settings for both w/ no difference.

I've searched around a bit and can't seem to find any posts about this occuring w/ other folks.

Ideas?

Thanks

3690943078?profile=original

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Actually in the new firmware is not possible disable OSD by screen switching so I load my previous firmware (MinimOsd_Extra_Copter_R800.hex) and it works now great again...

• whohooo, finaly, I was able to get it work when I load new firmware and charset from the https://github.com/night-ghost/minimosd-extra.

night-ghost/minimosd-extra
    Full rework of minimosd-extra with lots of news. Contribute to night-ghost/minimosd-extra development by creating an account on GitHub.
  • Same issue. I tried 5V trick and reload firmware + charset and no change :(

Any other ideas ?

3702325930?profile=original

• Has this problem been figured out yet? this problem just showed up on my osd screen.

• I had the same problem. I am not sure what caused it but i fixed it by reloading the firmware and charset.

• That worked a few times for me. The flicker got worse and the garbage on screen came back when I was at the field. Also try rebooting by unplugging the Pixhawk from the MinimOSD board. That will work a few times, too. When you get sick of all that and not flying...

• Did the 5V conversion and same garbage on screen. Rebooted OSD, same result.  What can I try next?

• Did you reload the charset after the fix? I think it actually corrupts the charset, so even after it is fixed, it needs one more charset update. Report back if this works or not. Just to clarify what I meant by unplugging it from Pixhawk, I meant unplug it while it is powered up. That helped some of the time. Do any of you guys see the flickering as well as the garbage?

• No flicker just garbage. I'm waiting for a FTDI board so I can reload the charset. I'll let you know Tuesday how it works-out. Thanks!

• It has not come back since I converted to the 5v configuration. Use the diagram in the last figure on this page:

http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/common-minim-osd-quick-installatio...

I think the problem is with the regulator. In the 5v config, it does not use the regulator. It is kept separate in the 12v config to isolate noise, but I see no noise difference in the 5v config.

This reply was deleted.

Activity