Gimbal Tilt Control with DO_SET_ROI in AC 3.1.5

Questions:  Does Mission Planner's DO_SET_ROI control gimbal tilt or just yaw?  Is there a parameter in the log file that monitors the tilt command sent to a 2D gimbal?

Test Description: 

I was out flying this week with a new Tarot 2D Gimbal on an IRIS.  I think I've managed to get rid of all the kinks in the Tarot config.  No more little jitters and both roll and pitch compensation are smooth over a couple of flights.    I laid out and  flew a flight in AUTO to test how the DO_SET_ROI command in MP would work with the gimbal tilt control.  DO_SET_ROI seems to control yaw fairly well but this was the first time that I tried to test the tilt.  Manual control of the gimbal tilt with CH6 works fine but I didn't use that with the last flight.  The flight path zig zag'd up and down in altitude(15 meter deltas) while traveling a circle waypoint route.  DO_SET_ROI command issued between each waypoint  to look at the center pt of the circle at ground level.

Observations:

Camera pointed at ROI pt correctly in yaw but only worked in tilt the first time it was issued.  After that the tilt didn't appear to change.  I'm making these claims based only on watching the video.  Not sure if there's any parameters in the logs would help clarify what's happening.  MP WP file and resulting log file attached.

Config: 

MP 1.3.5

Frame: IRIS w/ Pixhawk AC 3.1.5

Gimbal: Tarot 2D with firmware 1.5

HC_ROIcircle_wAltitude.txt

2014-06-06 20-00-19.bin

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Hi folks,

is it possible to make the pixhawk yaw into the ROI's direction but NOT tilt the camera gimbal down to that point? I want to control the camera tilt by my transmitter while flying in auto-mode and having set a ROI.

Thanks,

Bjoern.

• I'm having the same issues. Did you ever resolve this?
    • No.  Any ideas? 

I'm pretty sure this is a problem with AC 3.1.5 and isn't user error.  Despite looking around a lot, I can't find a way to log the output from aux pins on the Pixhawk.  This would at least provide a way to monitor what the Pixhawk was telling the Gimbal. 

Another issue is that when the auto mission is complete, the gimbal control is not switched back to manual.  The gimbal becomes locked in whatever last command was issues from AC.  The only was to release it is to disconnect power.

This reply was deleted.

Activity