HDMI signal from the air to the ground

Anyone knows of a device that can send an HDMI signal to the ground. Most up to date DSLR cameras now have a HDMI output and not an AV output anymore. One can use a converter to change the HDMI to AV but that adds another 220 grams of weight and the AV signal is not very good.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Product Description cost too much but it works

Long range video system ready with Yagi antenna.

This system comes with the powerfull 1000 mW Lawmate 1.2 Ghz Wireless Video link.

This package also include a 13 dBi Yagi antenna for Extreme long range FPV flying. (Over 20 KM)

1200-mhz-long-range-video-link-1.jpg

1200-mhz-long-range-video-link-2.jpg

plug.jpg1200-mhz-long-range-video-link-3.jpg

This package will be shipped from EU.

Note: TM-121800  Wireless Audio Video Transmitters may not be legal for using in some countries. FPVflying.com can't held any responsabilities for the use of these devices. In some countries you need a HAM licence to operate this system.

• if you're looking to get HD video to the ground then teradek is pretty much one of the very few choices which will give you (almost true) HD on the ground..

i have been experimenting with teradek, got 140m solid 720/30p video. in fact, my intentions are to use teradek's as a high quality video downlink for tv broadcasting solutions (news channels etc).. obviously, teradek would never work for fpv (delay is huge)

if you will find anything better for smaller price - please share :)

thx,
    jk

• What is the purpose of sending HDMI signal to the ground? Is it just for camera sighting, or do you want realtime HD (I didn't think most DSLRs supported live HD monitoring) video monitoring? If it's just to control what your camera is pointing at, just use a cheap FPV setup that includes a tiny camera that weighs nothing like the $70US unit below. Several professional camera gimbals have these mounted on the side of the gimbal so they can support any camera the copter can lift.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__21327__900MHZ_200mW_Tx_R...

CP200-520P.jpg

• What about this and then feed the A/V into a standard FPV transmitter?

According to someone in the MK forums, it runs on 5V, and if you remove the unneeded connectors and box, it should be about 50 gr..

I don´t have one myself, but at that price it might be worth taking the risk....

This reply was deleted.

Activity