Help setting up pixhawk and ESC!

Hello Everyone, new member of DIY and first time poster. I just got my pixhawk and taranis plus x9d in (along with a bunch of stuff for a quad). I set everything up, used QGroundControl to flash firmware on the pixhawk, updated my taranis to the latest firmware, and wired everything up. I have a x8r Rx, so I can use the SBUS pins to go straight to the pixwhak RC in pins. Everything went normally (all green) in  Qgroundcontrol, but when I went to calibrate my ESCs (Turnigy Multistar, 20A), I get nothing. I cant get pixhawk to do anything. I went through the whole "process". Turned my Tx on, moved throttle to max, turned on pixhawk, turned off pixhawk, turned it on again, moved throttle to idle, and I still get nothing. Any thoughts on what I have done wrong? Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I GOT IT! Except I did not follow the regular arming process that I keep on reading. The way I got it was by turning on the Tx, powering the pixwhak, lowering the throttle.yaw stick to the bottom right, waiting for a beep, holding down the arm button, and then go. 

I'm still having GPS issues though. No GPS fix. 

• Sorry for being MIA for a while. No, its not insulting because I wasnt testing it outside :P. It worked once I took it outside.  

• T3

I hope this isn't an insulting question but... did you test the GPS outside?  It probably won't get a fix inside.  The first time you power it up in your location it may need to sit outside a couple minutes powered on so it can figure out where the satellites are?  Satellite fix is usually faster after that.

• No, I totally get it. I'm sure its something stupid I overlooked. I'll try to post a video or some images of my setup later today.

Other points of note, I've got open tx 2 on my taranis and haven't switched any of the channel mixers or inputs. Maybe that's something ? I've read that channel 3 should be throttle, but mine is still on channel one.
                  • I've noticed my GPS has a solid blue light, is this normal?

• Yup, all the green bars move correctly with all the sticks. 

I just installed mission planner a flashed APM on the pixhawk. New beeping sounds, same issue. The pixhawk is not responding my throttle movements. 

• T3

When you move the throttle on the controller, does the green bar marked throttle on the radio setup screen move?  It sounds like you may be having confusion on the channel numbers.  That's the only reason I can think of why the ESC would respond fine to the Rx directly, but the pixhawk wouldn't enter ESC calibration mode.

You can always calibrate the ESCs directly from the the Rx individually, but that won't be very helpful if your pixhawk isn't set up right.

• So I followed the remote guide, and still no dice :\.

The only thing I can think of is to switch to APM. Other than that, not sure. 

• Sounds like you need to get your remote in order first, Guide Here

This reply was deleted.

Activity