APM 2.5 hardware

APM 2.65 software

Steps:

1) start FG on the ground via Mission Planner.

2) Set plane to Auto

3) I restart FG at same location but at 30,000 ft.

Results: plane does a tight spiral dive to the waypoint altitude, then goes to the waypoint. Ignores Bank max degrees. (it does take into account Pitch Min)  And plane oscillates the ailerons rapidly back and forth during the dive.

What I expected/wanted: plane to go towards the waypoint at it's minimum pitch(in this case -80 degrees and circle waypoint at loiter radius(110Meters) and minimum pitch(80degrees) until it reaches the waypoint altitude.

Am using Rascal plane with attached parameters.  I did set Bank Max to 15degrees and minimum pitch is -80 degrees.  Bank Max has no affect, minimum pitch does affect it.

I may be doing something silly, I just got the HIL stuff working recently.

Attached is the TLog and a screenshot.  In the screen shot you can see the YAW stair-step up and the ROLL oscillate.

Lincoln

ScreenShot_StepladderYawOscillatingRoll.jpg

2012-10-12 12-03-41.tlog

ELP_RascalParameters2.param

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• My glider is delta shape, ie elevons; so flaps are not an option. And that first part I want it to descend as fast as possible to get out of the cold.(Lithium Poly and energy consumption of heater). But I also want the GPS to always have signal.

Still working on the configuration, flight testing and something that gives enough battery life with a good margin.

Lincoln
  • Hi,

Wow that is a really cool flight profile :)

Maybe you could look at the code for automatic flap deployment, reverse an inequality here or there, and turn it into automatic airbrake deployment instead.
    So if you let it glide down at low speed, it will take so long time that the battery drains?

Regards
    Soren
  • Ok - so I reset everything I could.  Original HIL hex file.  Reseting, erasing the board, back to the ArduPlane.param file in the auto test directory.

The key is the min-pitch value -- it makes it  goes bonkers for anything larger than -50.   There must have been something else as well because I did try that before.  But with a completely refreshed and new setup that is the situation.

Always seems easy once it is fixed.

Lincoln

• What you describe sounds pretty much like this flight , not simulated, but real. It was using an APM. The drop happens at 6:45. Blog post here.

This reply was deleted.

Activity