Hobby King Shipping SUCKS!!!

Anyone else had any issues with Hobby King shipping from their China warehouse? After ordering a new hexa frame from them about a week ago, I still haven't received any shipping confirmation or a valid tracking number. The tracking number on their order status page comes up NOT FOUND when I attempt to use it on the Malaysian Post (or whatever it is) tracking site. I have contacted their customer service reps several times and been met with nothing but excuses and shallow apologies. Has this been YOUR experience with HK? Post your rant here if it has. I doubt very seriously that I will EVER order anything from them again.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Well we pay for the service. If you pay £20-£30 you want to have it on time. Ali express seller deliver to UK within a week for free.

• They very clearly tell you to expect 20 to 40 days for your shipment. So why are you having a meltdown over it after 1 week?  You chose to buy from an overseas vendor at significant cost savings. You chose a 40 day shipping system at significant cost savings.  You chose a vendor with very very little customer support overhead, at significant cost savings.  Your complaint is invalid, old, used, and pointless. If you want your product served to you on a golden platter in 5 days with instant customer service at your beck and call, then you can shop elsewhere and pay significantly more to get it.  The choice is yours. You chose the former, stop whining.

And yes, it is perfectly normal for the tracking information to not show up for a week or more.  This is not UPS or FedEx.  It doesn't work like that.

• Big BS..IT IS NOT NORMAL for tracking number to become active IN WEEK OR MORE...when I order from other sellers I get tracking number instantly with notification it will be active in 4 days...

PLEASE DO NOT DEFEND THEM bcs what they do ;waiting for other orders of similar destination(sometimes it takes 2 weeks) and only than they send!!!!

with fast postal service they also try to make few $$ more on you.

This is DHL from Taiwan...once its on plain its fast(4 days 20.2-24.2.2014) thing you do not see is I pay for order 7.2.2014

http://www.dhl.com/content/g0/en/express/tracking.shtml?brand=DHL&a...

02/07/2014 Pending Transaction ID: 
      Payment Type: PayPal Express Checkout (instant)
      Timestamp: 2014-02-07T18:03:48Z
      Payment Status: Completed
      Amount: 513.23 USD
      02/08/2014 Processing  
      02/08/2014 Pending
      02/08/2014 Processing  
      02/17/2014 tracking number 3822389384 dhl
      • Yes, it is normal.

This is how it works:

1. Hobby King makes a contract with e.g. Fiji Post
        2. Fiji Post sends them a box with 10000 labels for registered letters including tracking numbers
        3. You order something from Hobby King
        4. Hobby King packs the order and puts one of the 10000 labels on your package
        5. Hobby King takes the tracking number from that label and puts it to THEIR computer => Tracking number shows up in your customer account
        6. All the packages which go via Fiji Post are shipped to Fiji
        7. After about 2 weeks, all the packages arrive in Fiji and are scanned by Fiji Post => Tracking number becomes active in Fiji Post computer system
        8. Shipment is then shipped normally from Fiji through Fiji Post

This system sucks big time as it adds at least 2 additional weeks to the shipping time but as for the delay between HK telling you the tracking number and the tracking number becoming active, THAT is normal.

• Sounds about right. Perfect explanation.

• They just try every fucking way to earn 1$ more on you...1$x 1 million customers a month x12..just do the math...

mY PROBLEM IS NOT COST OR LONG TRAVEL BUT NOT KNOWING WHEN IT WILL ARRIVE,EVERY TIME IS DIFFERENT

• I understand a long shipping time via overseas. My whole problem is the fact that they won't even try to provide a tracking number. The order was shipped on the 3rd and here it is 11 days later with an invalid tracking number!

• You got your parcel, saved money, why are you complaining ? WHo cares if the tracking # is invalid, it has no value now as you have received your parcel.

• The tracking number is not invalid.  It just has nothing to report yet.  The tracking number will work once the shipping company does something with your package, and reports whatever they have done on their tracking system.  This is not like UPS or FedEx where your package is always on the move the moment the shipper drops it off.  It might sit there for a week before the shipper picks it up and puts it on the plane.  And the shippers that do this low-cost work do not update their systems like UPS or FedEx do.

So once again, what you are experiencing is NORMAL and should be expected.  This is how low-cost international shipping works.  You don't need to start thinking about worrying it is closer to 20-25 days.

• I found adding a Lipo improved HK's (international) shipping considerably, and in some cases actually ended being cheaper.

I still haven't forgiven them for their dispicable and underhand handling of the Lipo shipments last year.

They promised to upgrade anyone with current Lipo orders...but the bit they didn't say was "only if that means we dont lose money in the process. They tried every trick in the book not to ship my 8000mah 6S. *Every* *trick* *in* *the* *book*.

This reply was deleted.

Activity