How to actually get you APM driver into windows 8

My first problem with this started when downloading it. it apparently didn't recognize inf so it associated it with notepad and gave it a .txt extension. of course you normally cant see it because know extensions are hidden. anyways,, after that, how to get it to run? the old tricks dont work, and I want a permanent one...so I read this:

The steps to install a unsigned driver on windows 8 is as follows.

1. From windows 8 control panel choose General –> Under “Advanced Startup” –> Restart now.

\\Okay now, hes not talking about the normal control panel, but instead that strange netherworld where you go after putting your mouse in the corner, and then clicking settings.I still really dont understand the purpose of that place....then do the following. its remarkably easy after that

Now the system will restart and might take some minutes to show up the boot menu. Wait for It patiently.

After some time you will be prompted with a menu with following options.

1. Continue

2. Troubleshoot

3. Turn off

Choose Troubleshoot

Then the following menu appears.

Refresh your PC
Reset your PC
Advanced Options
Choose Advanced Options

Then the following menu appears

System Restore
System Image Recovery
Automatic Repair
Command Prompt
Windows Startup settings
Choose Windows Startup Settings, then Click Restart.

Now the computer will restart and the boot menu appears. Choose “Disable Driver signature Enforcement” from the menu. Now windows will start and you can do the installation of the driver that is not signed. Smile

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Yes, I am successfully running Mission Planner 1.2.30 on Windows 8.  I had a previous version of Mission Planner running on Windows 7.  After upgrading my Windows 7 to Windows 8, I lost access to my Communications Port via USB.  I simply reinstalled Mission Planner and all is working well.

• Installing the drivers is only half the problem.  On my system, the drivers won't work (after installation) unless I boot with the driver signatures disabled!!!  This is driving me crazy!  I'm on a laptop which needs to be shutdown for transport, so I'm having to go through that special start up sequence *every time*.

Anyone know if they are considering doing signed drivers for the telemetry radio and APM???

The methods for permanently disabling driver signature enforcement appear to be sketchy and unreliable.

Gary

• Windows 8, so, someone is actually using it ? :)
This reply was deleted.

Activity