How to output servo signal from APM output?

Does anyone know how to output a servo signal from one of the spare output channels on the APM (outputs 5-8)?

So currently I have an 8 channel 9XR Tx. 5 channels are used for the APM, and 2 others are used for a pan tilt. I want to use the last channel as a servo output for a tilt control on a brushless gimbal.

Thanks!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• You could set RC6_FUNCTION and RC7_FUNCTION to 1 (which means pass-thru, default = 0 = disabled) in the advanced parameters list.

• Ok so basically you're using the built in servo gimbal function, just without the stabilization?

I forgot to mention that its channel 6 that is open. Channels 7-8 are not going into the APM, they are straight to servos.

At one point I tried to use the A09-A11 pins to get a signal to the servos. It never worked, only the motor outputs work. So I guess that's all I need to do; connect the servo to a motor output using channel 6. Thanks!

• You need to enable on the gimbal and setup the output on the A-port of the APM and the input with channel 8.

MY configuration I have attached a servo on the A11 and with channel 6 from my remote, I can trigger it. Remember that you have to power the servo separately otherwise it wont work 

This reply was deleted.

Activity

Neville Rodrigues liked Neville Rodrigues's profile
Jun 30
Santiago Perez liked Santiago Perez's profile
Jun 21
More…