Replies

• Can you tell me exactly what i have to edit in the source code to make it work? I think i am on the right track now. I have installed Arduino. Downloaded the firmware and libraries. Got the sketch in Arduino but not sure what to change in the code. Please help.

• I dont really know how to compile. I am not that expert and not a computer freak :(

Can someone compile it for me. I want to use it for channel 4.

Please

• I know that but how i am going to configure the APM. I use to have other UHF systems and they were very easy to configure. But i think i have to make the minimosd to read RSSI from channel 4 right? But it only support ch 5-8.

• hi -

In the EZUHF application, set one of your channels to LINK - then map that same channel to #4 output. 

• How would i get the RSSI on a 4 channel EZUHF receiver? I am not using channel 4 as i don't have a rudder so can i use channel 4 to output link from the receiver?

• Hi glenn,  link quality is a better indicator than RSSI and yes, LQ will show the same percentage as RSSI.  I also had this problem of getting strange numbers in my OSD's RSSI output, then I noticed that the numbers change every time I change flight modes.  It turns out my 'FLTMODE_CH' (flight mode channel) parameter was, by default, also set to the same channel as the RSSI channel (I think it was set to channel 8 by default).  I changed this to channel 5 which it should be in the first place.  Hope that helps.

• Hi all, been trying to compile the trunk code from Arduino for the minimosd-extra but it gives me a FastSerial error.  Anyone ever get that?  I'm just trying to verify that the base trunk code compiles before making any changes.

Or if someone has a Plane version of the OSD with RSSI that could be a good starting point.  Although my RSSI is on Channel 8 out of the RSSI with min PWM of 1081 and max PWM of 1800.

Thanks!

BAC

• Ralph,

Make a folder in C:\Users\****\Documents\Arduino folder called "ArduCAM_OSD" and copy contents from the checkout e.g. C:\New folder\trunk\MinimOsd-Extra_Copter_Pre release_Beta folder into it.  I also had problems getting Arduino to compile, so what I did was change the name of the existing libraries folder in C:\Users\****\Documents\Arduino to "libraries_old" and simply copied and pasted the libraries folder from the checkout to C:\Users\****\Documents\Arduino.  Then, just open ArduCAM_OSD from the newly made "ArduCAM_OSD" folder, make changes to OSD_Panels tab, and complie.

Jim

• Ralph,

Like Josh said, have a read through the thread and if you have any questions, we will be more then happy to assist.  I am glad that I worked through the process myself and figured it out.  I would be more then happy to answer any questions that you may have, having just gone through the process myself with little knowledge on coding, etc.  If I could get it to work, anyone can :)

Jim

• Hello,
    First have to thank everyone involved that have already put in the time to figure this out.
    I'm looking to move towards ezUHF and very interested in getting RSSI/link quality to my minimOSD.

What is the final solution?

-is there a downloadable copter minimOSD firmware with the changes needed? or must I recompile from source, making modifications? if so.. is there a final version of the modified code available?
    -is a pwm converter needed? I can live with sacrificing a channel if I can avoid adding more equipment

thank you!
This reply was deleted.

Activity