Made the upgrade to Window 8 Pro this weekend. All things considered I have noticed a good speed increase over Windows 7. No major issues except when I plugged my quad into the USB port Mission Planner couldn't find it. So....
After a bit of digging I found this post: http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,94651.msg716650.html
in which I found a solution that I thought would be helpful to post here for others.
I'm running Mission Planner 1.2.14
- Download the 3 files below
- Double-click on the .cert file
- Click "Install Certificate"
- Select "Local Machine"
- Select "Place all certificates in the following store" radio button
- Click "Browse"
- Select "Trusted Root Certificate Authorities"
- Click OK
- Finish etc...
- Repeat the process, starting at step 2, replace step 8 with "Trusted Publishers"
- Once you've added the .cert to both folders, right click on the arduino.inf file and choose "Install"
- Open Mission Planner
This worked for me first try. Thanks to Louis @ Arduino for the great instructions, just thought I could save some folks a bit of time by relaying my direct experience with Mission Planner.