I posted this in GPS but got no reply so...

Hope you are well...

I purchased this item

http://store.diydrones.com/GS407_U_Blox5_GPS_4Hz_p/spk-gps-gs407.htm

and had it working

however the little connector, on the adapter, which connects the cable to my ardupilot has come off

it has also pulled off one of the solder pads to which it was connected

I can't get another solder connection here

there are 4 holes at the bottom of the adapter the cable has 5 wires

can i connect the cables to these four holes

if so what goes where?

thanks in advance

ryan

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Look at the electronics supplier called Digi-Key.  You can purchase circuit repair pads from them.  It takes a magnifier to do the work sometimes.  Especially with surface mount technology but it can be done.  These electronic suppliers usually call the package a circuit repair kit...or...if you have an old circuit card you can peel a trace off of a card and reuse it on your card.  These can be peeled off with a sharp exacto knife.  Once you make the repairs use a good 5 minute epoxy to glue the plug back on to the board.  You should also be able to wire to the GPS output pads if they are still in place.  If you get on the Ublox website it may show a circuit board layout there or a data sheet may show you where to hook up your plug.

With all respect though...these repairs are tough for a person who does this kind of repair work.  You get lucky sometimes but it is rare.  Best advice...if you want to be sure of your system...order a new unit.  It will save you hours of headaches.

This reply was deleted.

Activity