Inconsistent motor outputs while sitting level

I have a very confusing problem with motor outputs that I think is the reason my first few test flights have resulted in the copter flying diagonally across the garden!

See my screenshot below:

3690893012?profile=original

This is showing the 4 motor outputs and my throttle input. Notice that as soon as the motors engage 1 comes on at about 40% power, 2 come on at 15% and 1 comes on at about 5%. When the throttle position is at it's maximum only 1 motor is also at maximum, 2 are at 70% and one is at 40%. 

This test was done with the copter sat flat on the floor with props removed. It's an X configuration.

My initial thought was maybe there are some output trim values somewhere but I couldn't find them in the configuration.

Very confused. Help please!

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• How do you get the Tuning graph view to display? 

• Solved it. I was on an old version of the firmware with this board. I just updated to the latest (45 hours old) and reset all settings and now it's perfect :)

• Is your virtual horizon in the planner drifting at all? I was having this problem with a broken IMU, it was brand new, doesent fly, but for some reason I still think that I can get it working.

This reply was deleted.

Activity