Kaspersky detects KeyLogger within MP

Can someone help me understand why Kaspersky anti-virus identified and deleted a DLL within a recent Mission Planner update that is defined as a KeyLogger. I had to disable Kaspersky for the update to download; I was getting an update failed due to virus protection error; but my night time virus scan found this DLL with the Mission Planner directory and deleted it. Why is it there? Does it matter that it was deleted?Cheers!Pem

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Admin

@Scott,

The latest version of Windows Defender is pretty robust according to recent reviews and is updated every night on my PC.

I found Norton to be one of the most obnoxious pieces of antivirus crap that I have ever used. Norton even blocked downloads from its own website when I used to use it in the distant past.

Regards,

TCIII AVD

• Developer

what file did it delete?

there is no key logger inside mp, apart from shortcut keys.

• How will the deletion of the "BaseClassesNET.dll" file from the "C:/Program Files (x86)/Mission Planner/" sub-directory effect the performance of Mission Planner?

• As I said, I had to disable Kaspersky to get the update; with Kaspersky off, Mission Planner updated and ran fine.  But during the night when Kaspersky performs a virus scan, it identified and deleted this file:  BaseClassesNET.dll.  According to Kaspersky, within this file is:  Trojan-Spy.MSIL.KeyLogger.bzam.

3702585983?profile=original

• The deleted file is BaseClassNET.dll, shown in Mike Dobbs screensnap below.
This reply was deleted.

Activity