Guys !

We are in deep trouble. We are at SUAS student competition in Maryland. We have the Ardupilot Mega working beautifully, except that we are unable to setup the Failsafe. I browsed through multiple forum entries and could not find anything really useful. Please help us out here. 

Do we need an AVR programmer to programmer to program the fail safe or Bootloader is good enough ?

-U2

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Guys thanks for the reply. We have a 7C 2.4 GHz Futaba. Unfortunately on this one we can configure only the throttle. I will check the manual though.

• Yes, this all depends on which radio system you're using.  Please let us know which.  Hopefully it's not Turnigy, because then you'll need the AVR programmer.

• There are several possibilities for Failsafe.

Depending on your Radio, it may have Failsafe built into the Receiver.  Typically, you set the Transmitter controls to the required Failsafe settings (e.g. Throttle down), then you re-bind the Receiver with the Transmitter which will store those Failsafe settings in the Receiver.  Not all Radios work that way, and not all have Failsafe at all.

Then there's Failsafe in the APM.  This is described HERE

This reply was deleted.

Activity