MiniAPM v3.1

Hi,

I noticed a reference to this in a blog post:

http://www.goodluckbuy.com/miniapm-v3-1-mini-ardupilot-mega-2-6-external-compass-apm-flight-controller-for-multicopter-fpv.html

It looks too-good-to-be-true to me.

I was wondering if anyone had already purchaed one of these, and if so - are they any good?

Shane.

You need to be a member of diydrones to add comments!

Join diydrones

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• It needs TPA though. Hopefully coming in 3.3, IIRC.

• Hi to all

I bought one from RTF and right now, after 2 hours of flight, every thing ok.

I use 3.2 rc 12, custom frame 440 mm, 2200 to 5000 mAh, Qbrain ESC

I dont see any difference with APM2.6. Cables are nice, for sure better not to plug and unplug 1000 times.

GPS coming with it is not so good, lot of glitch and very variable (from 5 to 12 to 5 satelites)

Last log attached.

• Hi,

i removed my atmel32u2 from MiniAPM ... it´s fried and getting very hot.
      Can i use an atmega328 instead of an atmega32u2?
      BR
      Frank
      • Developer

No you cannot. You need to use 32u2 only. And check that you have correct model as there are few models available.

• Sorry for my ambiguous description.... the 328 cpu will not soldered on original pins.

My idea is to flash a 328 with ppm from sourcecode and solder the right pins with wrap wire.

(I have this 328 as spare lying around)

If everything works fine, it will replaces with an 32u2-mu.

• I read i can bypass the 32u2 cpu and connect ppm sumto ch5, i have frsky ppm.

Which ppsum pin goes to the APM?

• Works, connect frsky ppm to pin36 with 1k resistor

• Anyone who use this miniapm in a 250 copter?

I have strange problems regarding baro, motor pulses fast up/down. Reducing alt P rate to half didn´t resolve the problem.

With 2S lipo the baro seems better, but 3s is preferred. I didn´t start autotune before, can autotune help to improve the baro stanility?

Frank

This reply was deleted.

Activity